LINGUIST List 26.2809
Mon Jun 08 2015
Jobs: Mandarin Chinese; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Technical Linguist/Knowledge Engineer, Artificial Solutions
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Francesca Sciarra <francesca.sciarra
Mandarin Chinese; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Technical Linguist/Knowledge Engineer, Artificial Solutions, Barcelona, Spain E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Artificial Solutions
Department: Products & Technology
Job Location: Barcelona, Spain
Web Address: http://www.artificial-solutions.com
Job Title: Chinese speaking Technical Linguist/Knowledge Engineer
Job Rank: Computational Linguist, Knowledge Engineer, Technical Linguist; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
Artificial Solutions, leading specialist in Natural Language Interaction (NLI), is looking for a fluent Chinese Knowledge Engineer to join our international Professional Services team in Barcelona (Spain)
If you are a linguistic specialist with affinity to ICT and customer oriented, we would like to hear from you.
You have a real passion for languages and a pragmatic approach to problem solving. You understand the structure of languages and you will be able to encode linguistic information for automated processing. You will focus on design, build, maintain and develop knowledge-based systems, in domains such as artificial intelligence, databases, expert systems, and natural language processing systems.
The Knowledge Engineer is expert on Artificial Solutions’ knowledge solutions, and will be able to do consultancy for external partners and clients on how the knowledge can be optimally analyzed, structured and built as to meet customer / project requirements.
You will work inside the Professional Services department together with an international team of Project Managers, Knowledge Engineers and Technical Consultants
The position will focus upon:
- Working with the Chinese grammar (morphology, syntax and semantic aspects) to create dictionaries, grammars and ontologies in Chinese for our NLI (Natural Language Interaction) solutions, based on the project specifications.
- Design, build, and test knowledge and NLI solutions based on functional knowledge specifications
- Collaborating with the other team members (Computational Linguists, Developers, Project Management Team) in defining improvements of the process, tools and workflows related to the project.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree in General Linguistics, Applied Linguistic, Language Technologies, Computational Linguistics, or similar.
- Knowledge of Morphology, Lexicology, Pragmatics, Formal syntax and Formal Semantics
- Valid working visa for Europe/Spain is a must
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Understanding of Statistics (preferably applied to natural language analysis) / Mathematics
- Working knowledge of programming languages such as Prolog, or any of the declarative languages (C, C++, Java, Pascal, etc.) and DB/SQL will be a plus
- Previous working experience in the Natural Language Processing –field and experience in Human computer interaction will be a plus.
- Native/very fluent level of Chinese
- Fluent English
- Any other language will be a plus
Personal Skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal skills, customer facing skills and and team player attitude
- Strong logical and analytical skills, being able to deal with complex and abstract concepts.
- Professional, detail-oriented and organized.
- Enthusiastic about Computational Linguistics and Natural Language solutions
- Ability to combine multiple tasks and projects.
What we Offer:
- Competitive base salary plus interesting package
- The opportunity to work in red-hot sector of Natural Language Interaction and Artificial Intelligence.
- Full structured trainings on our Teneo platform and continuous learning.
- Outgoing, flexible and international work environment
Please send us your application in English.
Unfortunately we cannot process application without a valid EU/Spanish working visa
Application Deadline: 01-Sep-2015 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: francesca.sciarra
Web Address for Applications: http://www.artificial-solutions.com/about-artificial-solutions/careers/
HR Generalist Francesca Sciarra
Phone: +34 932451301
Page Updated: 01-Jul-2015