LINGUIST List 26.2935
Wed Jun 17 2015
Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Senior Lecturer, University of Klagenfurt
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Helga Klopcic <helga.klopcic
English; Applied Linguistics: Senior Lecturer, University of Klagenfurt, Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Klagenfurt
Department: English Department
Job Location: Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Web Address: http://www.uni-klu.ac.at/iaa/inhalt/1.htm
Job Title: Senior Lecturer
Job Rank: Senior Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The Alpen-Adria-University of Klagenfurt invites applications for the position of Senior Lecturer (m/f) (teaching position without PhD) at the department of English and American Studies, Faculty of ‘Kulturwissenschaften’. This is a full-time position according to Collective Contract KV B1. The minimum monthly salary is € 2.662,90 (before tax, 14 times per year), subject to increase according to relevant previous experience. The position is temporary until 9th July 2016 with an option of transformation into a permanent contract. Prospective starting date: 1st September 2015.
- Teaching up to 16 semester hours of language classes per week in the General English programme and in the English for Business Administration programme (50:50), including Blended Learning;
- Curriculum and Course Development;
- Examining and dealing with student matters;
- Administrative tasks;
- Attending teaching staff meetings.
- Master’s degree in English, or MA in TEFL, TESOL or Applied Linguistics;
- English proficiency CEFR C2 level; German proficiency CEFR A2 level.
- Secondary and/or tertiary level teaching experience;
- Experience in curriculum and course development (EAP/ESP);
- Understanding of principles of testing and assessment
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Broad experience in teaching, particularly at tertiary level
- Willingness to undertake further education in relevant areas of Applied Linguistics (e.g. EAP, ESP, Testing, Methodology, etc.) and to participate in research projects
- Social competence and ability to work in a team on joint projects,
- Openness towards the departmental research focuses of Visual Culture and Educational Research
Women and candidates with disabilities or chronical diseases are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application in electronic format exclusively using the online application form at the application website below with the usual documents to Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt, Stabsstelle Dekanatekanzlei/Recruiting no later than 8th July 2015. Please indicate the reference number of the position: Code 280/15.
Travel and overnight expenses for candidates invited for interview cannot be reimbursed. Skype interviews possible.
Application Deadline: 08-Jul-2015
Web Address for Applications: http://www.aau.at/obf
Ms. Helga Klopcic
Phone: +43 463 2700 2503
Page Updated: 19-Jun-2015