LINGUIST List 26.2959
Fri Jun 19 2015
Calls: Chinese, Mandarin, Romance, Applied Ling, Lang Acquisition, Phonetics/Italy
Editor for this issue: Erin Arnold <earnoldlinguistlist.org>
Marta Maffia <martamaffia
Methods in L2 Prosody 2015 - Romance Languages and Chinese at the Crossroads E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Methods in L2 Prosody 2015 - Romance Languages and Chinese at the Crossroads
Short Title: ML2P-2015
Date: 30-Nov-2015 - 01-Dec-2015
Location: Napoli, Italy
Contact Person: Anna De Meo
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.gscp.it
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Phonetics
Subject Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin
Language Family(ies): Romance
Call Deadline: 20-Sep-2015
The fundamental role played by prosody in the achievement of a successful native-non-native interaction has already gathered many researchers, students and listeners in two international conferences, held at the University of Naples L’Orientale in 2011 and at the University of Padua in 2012. The relevance of these two events and the presented works resulted in two reference volumes in the area of L2 prosody, respectively: De Meo A., Pettorino M. eds., Prosodic and Rhythmic Aspects of L2 Acquisition. The case of Italian, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2012; Busà M.G.,Stella A. eds., Methodological Perspectives on Second Language Prosody, CLEUP, 2012.
In the wake of previous events and results, ML2P 2015 invites proposals addressing any aspect of L2 prosody, but with a special focus on the interplay between Chinese and any of the Romance languages. The increasing presence of Chinese people in Romance-language countries and the growing interest in the Chinese language and culture in Europe have both created the need to pay particular attention to the communication between Chinese and Romance-language speakers.
The conference is organized by the Linguistic Center of the University of Naples L’Orientale – CILA, in collaboration with the Confucio Institute at the University of Naples L'Orientale and the GSCP (SLI Special Interest Group on Spoken Communication), with the patronage of AISV (Italian Association for Speech Sciences).
- Véronique Aubergé - CNRS Grenoble & Université Stendhal, Grenoble, France
- Philippe Boula de Mareüil - LIMSI - CNRS, Orsay, France
- Maria Grazia Busà - University of Padua, Italy
- Wentao Gu - Nanjing Normal University, China
- Yan Lu - Xi'an International Studies University, China
- Anna De Meo
- Massimo Pettorino
- Maria Grazia Busà
- Franco Cutugno
- Wentao Gu
Call for Papers:
The central conference debate welcomes contributions of research dealing with theoretical perspectives, empirical studies, teaching methods, technological investigations and applications.
Guidelines for Abstract Submissions:
- Abstracts should be written in English and must be 500-1000 words long (excluding references).
- The title, authors’ names and affiliations must be included in the abstract.
- Any participant is allowed to submit only one single- or first-author abstract. - There is no limit on the number of co-authored proposals. All abstracts will be reviewed anonymously.
- Proposals should be sent in .doc/docx format to ml2p2015
Full Paper Publication:
- After the conference, the authors will be invited to submit a full paper for a new review procedure.
- If accepted, papers will be published in a volume dedicated to the theme of the conference.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 20 September, 2015
- Notification of Acceptance: 15 October, 2015
- Conference: 30 Nov-1 Dec 2015
For further information, please contact the organizers of the conference at ml2p2015
Page Updated: 19-Jun-2015