LINGUIST List 26.2963
Sun Jun 21 2015
Jobs: Czech; Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax: Analytic Linguistic Project Manager, Google, Inc.
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Jana Strnadova <AdvancedLinguistics
Czech; Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax: Analytic Linguistic Project Manager, Google, Inc., Prague, Czech Republic E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Google, Inc.
Department: Natural Language Understanding
Job Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Job Title: Analytic Linguistic Project Manager [Czech]
Job Rank: Analytic Linguistic Project Manager; Manager; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax
Required Language(s): Czech (ces)
The role of the Analytic Linguistic Project Manager is to consult with Natural Language Understanding Researchers on creating guidelines and setting standards for a variety of NLP projects as well as to manage the work of a team of junior linguists to achieve high quality data output.
- Training, managing and overseeing the work of a team of junior linguists
- Creating guidelines for semantic, syntactic and morphological projects
- Evaluating and analyzing data quality
- Consulting with researchers and engineers on the development of linguistic databases
- Native-level speaker of Czech and fluent in English
- Master's degree or higher in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics with experience in semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in natural language processing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Previous project management and people management experience
- Some programming language or previous experience working in a Linux environment is a plus
Project duration: 6-12 months (with potential for extension)
This is not a permanent position but a full-time contract position.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with "Analytic Linguistic Project Manager [Czech]" in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 19-Jul-2015 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: AdvancedLinguistics
Page Updated: 21-Jun-2015