LINGUIST List 26.3002
Tue Jun 23 2015
Calls: English; Applied Linguistics/Spain
Editor for this issue: Erin Arnold <earnoldlinguistlist.org>
Chelo Vargas-Sierra <chelo.vargas
34th International Conference of the Spanish Association of Applied Linguistics E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 34th International Conference of the Spanish Association of Applied Linguistics
Short Title: AESLA 2016
Date: 14-Apr-2016 - 16-Apr-2016
Location: Alicante, Spain
Contact Person: Chelo Vargas-Sierra
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://web.ua.es/en/aesla2016/aesla-2016.html
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics
Subject Language(s): English
Call Deadline: 30-Nov-2015
The research institute IULMA at the University of Alicante organizes the 34th International Conference of the Spanish Association of Applied Linguistics (AESLA), to be held from 14 to April 16 2016, which is called Professional and Academic Discourse: an Interdisciplinary Perspective. In this edition, the Conference will focus on the relationship between the different streams of professional and academic discourse in order to analyse the various proposals that in certain areas and perspectives (humanities, science, society, etc.), converge in a general framework that can be labelled ''professional and academic discourse.'' In this sense, the Conference will deepen the links between languages and professions, characterized by specific linguistic and discursive structures and, in most cases, restricted to small groups of users.
The general objectives are:
- To present developments in the field of professional and academic languages that are being made within AESLA.
- To discuss solutions to current problems generated by the specificity of professional and academic languages, especially problems regarding communication and social and technological development.
- To linking research in specialized languages with productive and business areas of society.
- To relate advances in research in specialized languages to new technologies of communication.
- To develop models for the application of advances in the knowledge of professional and academic languages in the educational, social and technical areas.
Call for Papers:
We are pleased to announce the 34th International Conference of the Spanish Association of Applied Linguistics (AESLA) to be held in Alicante from 14 to April 16 2016. The topic for this edition is “Professional and Academic Discourse: an Interdisciplinary Perspective''. The venue of the Conference is Hotel Meliá Alicante.
AESLA 2016 is pleased to welcome the following keynote speakers who have already confirmed their participation:
- Ken Hyland (University of Hong Kong).
- Maurizio Gotti (University of Bergamo, CERLIS, Centro di Ricerca sui Linguaggi Specialistici).
- Lynne Bowker (University of Ottawa, Canadá)
- Pascual Cantos Gómez (University of Murcia, Spain).
The Organizing Committee of AESLA 2016 invites scholars and researchers to submit papers, round tables, and poster proposals (abstracts) related to the topic of this edition, within any one of the following thematic panels established by AESLA:
- Language Acquisition
- Language Teaching
- Language for Specific Purposes
- Language Psychology, Child Language and Psycholinguistics
- Discourse Analysis
- Corpus Linguistics, Computational Linguistics and Linguistic Engineering
- Lexicology and Lexicography
- Translation and Interpreting
Deadline: 30 November 2016
Languages: English or Spanish and should contain 500 words max.(including references).
Abstracts must be submitted through the EasyChair link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aesla2016
Abstracts received by email will not be accepted, so please register your proposal via EasyChair and select the type of proposal (paper, poster, or round table) and in which panel your abstract should be assessed.
Notification of acceptance/rejection: 21 January 2016.
Page Updated: 23-Jun-2015