LINGUIST List 26.3039
Thu Jun 25 2015
Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, University of Birmingham
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Paul Thompson <p.thompson
English; Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Birmingham
Department: English Language and Applied Linguistics
Job Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/edacs/departments/englishlanguage/index.aspx
Job Title: Lecturer in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
We wish to appoint a permanent and sector-leading teaching-focused Lecturer in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages in the Department of English Language and Applied Linguistics (ELAL), at the University of Birmingham.
The appointee will demonstrate a strong track-record of teaching and administration in this area. He or she will develop and deliver outstanding programmes and modules and also contribute to the management and leadership activities of the department and school.
- A PhD in a related field
- Extensive teaching experience and scholarship within this subject area
- Experience of lecturing in TESOL with the ability to devise, advise on and manage learning both on campus and via distance learning
- Extensive experience and demonstrated success in developing appropriate approaches to learning and teaching and advising colleagues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Office
- Skills in managing, motivating and counselling colleagues and students
- Ability to design, deliver, assess and revise teaching programmes
- Ability to travel abroad for recruitment purposes or for teaching
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes
The post will commence on 1st September 2015 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Post reference: 14050. Closing date for applications is 10th July 2015; interviews will be held on 30th July 2015.
Application Deadline: 10-Jul-2015
Web Address for Applications: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/staff/jobs/index.aspx
Dr. Paul Thompson
Page Updated: 25-Jun-2015