LINGUIST List 26.3118
Thu Jul 02 2015
Jobs: English; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax: Junior Linguist, Google
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Amanda Morris <researchlinguists
English; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax: Junior Linguist, Google, California, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Google
Job Location: California, USA
Job Title: Junior Linguist (English)
Job Rank: Junior Linguist; Other
Specialty Areas: Morphology; Semantics; Syntax
Required Language(s): English (eng)
**This position has been filled.
As a Junior Linguist, you will be annotating and reviewing linguistic data in English. You will also contribute to a number of other tasks to improve natural language processing at Google.
Work will be done from Google’s office in Mountain View, CA.
The tasks include:
- Annotating and reviewing linguistic data
- Labelling text with semantic, syntactic, and morphological features
- Annotating lexicon entries according to guidelines
- Evaluating current system outputs
- Deriving NLP data for new and ongoing projects
- Native-level speaker of English
- Degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics
- Experience in annotation work
- Knowledge of semantics and syntax
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts, learn in-house tools
- Keen interest in technology and computer-literate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Able to multitask effectively, flexible to changing priorities.
Project duration: 6 months (with potential extension). This is a fixed-term contract, not a permanent position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (in PDF format) with “Junior Linguist [English]” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: This position has been filled.
Email Address for Applications: researchlinguists
Page Updated: 15-Oct-2015