LINGUIST List 26.3155
Mon Jul 06 2015
Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Senior Academic Manager, Education First (EF)
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Rasmus Henriksson <rasmus.henriksson
Applied Linguistics: Senior Academic Manager, Education First (EF), Shanghai, China E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Education First (EF)
Department: EF Kids & Teens
Job Location: Shanghai, China
Web Address: http://www.ef.com
Job Title: Senior Academic Manager
Job Rank: Manager
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Become part of a team responsible for the creation of innovative new courses for teens and young learners and enjoy the opportunity to participate in all stages of the development and production process from shaping the concept and creating materials, through to final implementation across all E1 regions.
The Senior Academic Manager is responsible for providing the academic voice and direction for EF Kids & Teens Product Development. The Senior Academic Manager will work closely with the Publishing Director to ensure that all produced materials are of the highest academic quality and follow rigorously defined methodology
- Work with the VP Product Development and Publishing Director to refine the process for ensuring that content produced by EF Kids and Teens are of the highest academic quality and consistent with stated approach and principles.
- Maintain academic quality within the writing team by defining and ensuring clear standards for creation and evaluation; identifying, analysing and resolving issues with content creation; recommending and implementing process improvements.
- Implement the academic strategy outlined for courses offerings for students aged 10-13 years old. This will include, but not be limited to, methodology, approach and standards for classroom learning and online homework.
- Provide training and support for content writers who are producing learning content for pre-teen and teen products.
- Take responsibility for the writing of top-quality course content for EF Kids and Teens.
- Cultivate writing team and provide opportunities for professional growth within that team.
- Develop, maintain and share broad and up-to-date professional knowledge by reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; identifying and participating in events, conferences and societies related to content writing and English language learning.
- Contribute to setting and achievement of strategic goals in content production, as it relates to operations, course content development and business development.
- Evaluate and advance existing course content across products.
- Diploma-level ELT qualification (e.g. Cambridge DELTA, Trinity DipTESOL) or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or Linguistics.
- 3+ years’ experience in in ELT publishing or test development.
- Experience managing writers and editors is desirable.
- Outstanding familiarity with standard references for the development of syllabuses, for example, the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and other Council of Europe publications.
- Experience in instructional design an advantage.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, energy and team spirit.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to work well in a technology environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Evidence of leadership, innovative curriculum design, and materials development.
- Excellent organizational skills and project management experience.
- Outstanding writing and editing ability.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high level of clarity in written English.
- Mastery of English (CEFR C2 level), additional languages a plus.
Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2015 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: rasmus.henriksson
Recruitment Director Rasmus Henriksson
Phone: +86 18616019440
Page Updated: 06-Jul-2015