LINGUIST List 26.3287
Tue Jul 14 2015
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Precyse
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Talent Acquisition <careers
Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Precyse, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Precyse
Department: Technology/Product Develop
Job Location: , USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.precyse.com/
Job Title: Computational Linguist
Job Rank: Computational Linguist; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
The Computational Linguist has the responsibility for developing and maintaining custom NLP solutions for the Product Development organization, serving Precyse’s technology business lines. This position includes implementing and extending NLP software components, supporting the UIMA pipeline, and documenting work products. This position is highly collaborative with colleagues who work in a distributed setting, so strong communication skills are a must.
- Create solid technical designs and product documentation as a foundation for all your work products.
- Develop software code under the direction of team leadership and product management, following the Precyse agile development methodology.
- Collaborate with your colleagues to integrate your ideas and components into the broader NLP software platform and assure on-time delivery of high-quality products.
- Work with development, engineering, and quality assurance teams to support functional and load testing of developed applications and components.
- Proactively work to provide customer-focused service in conjunction with the product team. Work effectively with management and peers.
- Provide production support during and after business hours, as needed.
- Expect change and exhibit flexibility in dealing with change.
- Finish what you start.
- Provide peer leadership through your consistent professional example. Share what you know and learn from your colleagues.
- Protect the integrity and confidentiality of all data and information through physical and/or electronic means.
- Observe all Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computational Linguistics, Linguistics, Computer Science with Linguistics focus, or equivalent discipline.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience delivering real-world software solutions using Natural Language Processing, machine translation, or other related disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience with modern programming and scripting languages is required, with preference to Java, C#, C++, PERL, and Python.
- Masters degree in Computational Linguistics or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience with analytics frameworks such as UIMA.
- Demonstrated experience with rules-based or supervised machine learning components.
- Demonstrated experience in grammar and lexicon development, managing corpora, developing and improving parsers & grammars.
- Experience with cluster computing including Spark or Hadoop.
- Experience with commercial machine translation systems.
- High degree of computer literacy with strong experience working in Windows, and Linux/Unix.
- Experience with Microsoft IIS or J2EE compliant application server.
- Experience in healthcare.
- Consistent ability to make commitments and deliver results.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a strong individual contributor on a dynamic team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled to strong oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent time management and self-motivation skills.
- Knowledge of NLP tools and data frameworks such as Stanford NLP, Scala, Spark, or Hadoop
- Structural and semantic knowledge of other languages in addition to English.
- Prior experience working in a remote or virtual environment is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
Application Deadline: 30-Sep-2015
Web Address for Applications: https://careers-precyse.icims.com/jobs/6506/computational-linguist/job
Talent Acquisition Talent Acquisition
Page Updated: 14-Jul-2015