LINGUIST List 26.3378
Tue Jul 21 2015
Jobs: Swedish; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Knowledge Engineer/Computational Linguist, Artificial Solutions
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Francesca Sciarra <francesca.sciarra
Swedish; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Knowledge Engineer/Computational Linguist, Artificial Solutions, Stockholm, Sweden E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Artificial Solutions
Job Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Web Address: http://www.artificial-solutions.com/
Job Title: Swedish speaking Knowledge Engineer
Job Rank: Knowledge Engineer/Computational Linguist; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Swedish (swe)
As a Knowledge Engineer you are a linguistic specialist with affinity to ICT and commercial awareness. You will focus on design, build, maintain and develop knowledge-based systems, in domains such as artificial intelligence, databases, expert systems, and natural language processing systems.
The Knowledge Engineer is expert on Artificial Solutions’ knowledge solutions, and is able to do consultancy for external partners and clients on how the knowledge can be optimally analyzed, structured and built as to meet customer / project requirements.
The Knowledge Engineer manages and keeps day-to-day control on Artificial Solutions’ new build and maintenance projects for customers and/or partners, preparing plans and pre-requisites to deliver projects on time, while meeting profitability targets and achieving high level of customer satisfaction.
Based in our office in Stockholm you will be reporting to the Director of Professional Services and will be working in a team of skilled and driven multicultural Knowledge Engineers, Project Managers and Technical Consultants.
The position will focus upon:
- Work with Project Managers, Knowledge Engineers and Technical Consultants in client workshops, discussing (knowledge) requirements.
- Working with the grammar of Swedish language (syntax and semantic aspects) to structure and code the knowledge base of our NLI solutions.
- Design, build, and test knowledge and NLI solutions based on functional knowledge specifications.
- Analyze logs during operations to define knowledge optimization options in conjunction with Technical Consultants and implement during ongoing knowledge development optimization.
- BA in General Linguistics, Applied Linguistic, Language Technologies or similar. Degree in Computational Linguistics is an important plus.
- Knowledge of Formal syntax, Formal Semantics, Corpus analysis, Dialogue management.
- Knowledge of Morphology, Lexicology, Phonetics, Pragmatics, Automated speech analysis and synthesis.
- 1+ year relevant industry experience in a customer facing role.
- Understanding of Statistics (preferably applied to natural language analysis) / Mathematics, Machine learning, Machine translation, Computer aided language learning – in combination with language studies or interest in language itself - will be an important plus.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Groovy, Python or Java
- Native Swedish
- Fluent English
- Any additional language is a plus
- Strong logical and analytical skills, being able to deal with complex and abstract concepts
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems to identify the root cause
- Proven customer facing skills and ability to interact and communicate effectively with stakeholders at different levels
- Professional attitude, detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work well both alone and within a larger team
- Flexible and open-minded, pragmatic and proactive approach
- Ability to combine multiple tasks and projects
What we Offer:
- Outgoing, flexible and international work environment
- Competitive base salary plus an interesting packaging along with a healthy work-life balance
- Full training in our Teneo platform and continuous learning in the red hot sector of Artificial Intelligence and NLP
Please send us your CV and cover letter in English by applying through our career page.
Application Deadline: 01-Oct-2015 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: francesca.sciarra
Web Address for Applications: http://www.artificial-solutions.com/about-artificial-solutions/careers/
HR Generalist Francesca Sciarra
Page Updated: 21-Jul-2015