LINGUIST List 26.3382
Wed Jul 22 2015
Jobs: English; German; Applied Linguistics: Post Doc, University of Graz
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Sarah Mercer <sarah.mercer
English; German; Applied Linguistics: Post Doc, University of Graz, Steiermark, Austria E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Graz
Department: ELT Department
Job Location: Steiermark, Austria
Job Title: Post-doc assistant
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng) German (deu)
With its 4,100 employees and 32,000 students, the University of Graz provides an exciting and varied work environment. Due to our research and teaching competence we are a central institution for guaranteeing that Styria remains a research and education location.
The Institute of English Studies is looking for a University Assistant with doctorate (30 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 6 years; position to be filled as of September 1st 2015 )
Work in Prof. Mercer´s team in the ELT methodology section within the English Department and will be expected to:
- Undertake individual research and contribute to collaborative research into English Language Teaching (ELT) with a special focus on language learning psychology, including writing grant proposals
- Teach courses at BA and MA Level (3 hours a week)
- Examine and help supervise students´work
- Carry out general organizational and administrative duties
- Doctoral degree in English Studies or Applied Linguistics, with a special emphasis on ELT, ideally, with a focus on language learning psychology
- Empirical research background
- Experience with analytical software such as SPSS and/or ATLAS.ti/Maxqda or equivalent necessary
- Excellent command of English
- Good command of German
- Proven publication record
- Experience with writing grant proposals and presenting at international conferences
- Teaching experience essential, ideally, at tertiary level
- Knowledge of the Austrian school system (desirable)
- Knowledge of a Romance or Slavic language (desirable)
- Enthusiasm for ELT and transdisciplinary work
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well both in a team as well as independently
- Passion for language teaching education
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Enterprising spirit
- Social competence
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 2659.50 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: August 19th 2015
Reference Number: MB/130/99 ex 2014/15
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents within the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application and please send your CV and photo to the application email below.
For further information, contact Prof. Sarah Mercer (email below).
Application Deadline: 19-Aug-2015
Email Address for Applications: bewerbung
Prof. Dr. Sarah Mercer
Page Updated: 22-Jul-2015