LINGUIST List 26.5022
Tue Nov 10 2015
Jobs: Chinese, Wu; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Analytical Linguist, Lionbridge
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Elena Pirttisalo <elena.pirttisalo
Chinese, Wu; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Analytical Linguist, Lionbridge, California, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Lionbridge
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com
Job Title: Analytical Linguist: Chinese, Shanghai
Job Rank: Analytical Linguist; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Chinese, Chinese, Wu (wuu)
- Degree in Linguistics and/or equivalent experience
- Native language locale: Chinese, Shanghai
- Excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the language (syntax, semantics, phonology, phonetics)
- Strong linguistic comprehension
- Up-to-date exposure to popular native culture and the ability to use that knowledge to inform data analysis
- Previous experience working with language data (e.g. research, analysis, translation, review)
- Experience in annotation/corpus/dictionary/terminology work is a plus
- Experience using OS X or iOS software is a plus
- Experience in software quality assurance and testing is a plus
- Language teaching experience is a plus
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage priorities
An ideal candidate has experience and passion for working with language data and the ability to help create, categorize, audit, and improve lexical data.
Relocation to Santa Clara, California for the duration of the assignment is mandatory. Telecommuting is not possible.
Please send us your complete resume, including your availability, hourly rate wish and current location to the application email below.
Lionbridge is the leading provider of translation, development, language and testing solutions that enable clients to create, release, manage and maintain their technology applications and Web content globally.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about language technology and SW engineering, quality and delighting the customer. If you are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you!
Application Deadline: 09-May-2016
Email Address for Applications: jobs.tampere
Resource coordinator Elena Pirttisalo
Page Updated: 06-Jan-2016