LINGUIST List 26.5032
Tue Nov 10 2015
Jobs: Discourse Analysis: Assistant Professor, Tilburg University - Tilburg School of Humanities
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Alfons Maes <Maes
Discourse Analysis: Assistant Professor, Tilburg University - Tilburg School of Humanities, Tilburg, Netherlands E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Tilburg University - Tilburg School of Humanities
Department: Tilburg Center for Cognition and Communication
Job Location: Tilburg, Netherlands
Web Address: https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/ticc/
Job Title: Business Communication and Digital Media
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Discourse Analysis
The position calls for a young ambitious scientist with a strong research and teaching background, and a completed PhD in an area relevant to Communication and Information Sciences, Communication Science, Social or Organizational Psychology, Marketing, Business & Management, Organization Studies. We invite candidates with the following areas of interest and expertise to apply: Marketing and Persuasive Communication (advertising, persuasion, change strategies, B2B/B2C-marketing, viral marketing, eWoM, online marketing, social media marketing), Corporate and Management Communication (organizational communication, risk & crisis communication, managerial & strategic communication, group dynamics and communication, leadership, negotiation & mediation); Social and Mobile Media (digital media in social life, online-offline interaction, mobile communication, virtual communities, online networks, virtual team interaction, gamification).
The successful candidate
- Has a PhD in a relevant discipline and has published in top international journals or proceedings.
- Has a strong record in developing and teaching Bachelor and (Research) Master courses, and experience with supervising Bachelor’s and Master’s theses.
- Has the ability to acquire external funding for research.
- Has a promising profile in academic management.
- Has the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and department.
- Has acquired (or is willing to acquire) the Basic Teaching Qualification.
- Is able (or willing to learn) to communicate in Dutch.
Application Deadline: 25-Nov-2015 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about-tilburg-university/working-at/wp/
Prof. Dr. Alfons Maes
Page Updated: 10-Nov-2015