LINGUIST List 26.5152
Tue Nov 17 2015
Jobs: Russian; Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Phonology; Semantics; Syntax: Junior Linguist, Google, Inc.
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Isin Demirsahin <AdvancedLinguistics
Russian; Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Phonology; Semantics; Syntax: Junior Linguist, Google, Inc., London, United Kingdom E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Google, Inc.
Department: Natural Language Understanding
Job Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Title: Junior Linguist [Russian]
Job Rank: Junior Linguist; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Phonology; Semantics; Syntax
Required Language(s): Russian (rus)
**This position has been filled.
As a Junior Linguist, you will be annotating and reviewing linguistic data in Russian. You will also contribute to a number of other tasks to improve natural language processing at Google.
The tasks include:
- Reviewing and annotating linguistic data
- Labeling text for semantic, syntactic and morphological characteristics
- Annotating lexicon entries according to guidelines
- Deriving NLP data for new and on-going projects
- Native-level speaker of Russian and fluent in English
- Degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics or similar, with knowledge of semantics, syntax, morphology, phonology and/or lexicography
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; learn in-house tools
- Keen interest in technology and computer-literate
- Should have an interest in natural language processing, linguistics, linguistic resources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently from home with reliable internet connectivity
Project duration: 6 months (with potential for extension)
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (in PDF format) with “Junior Linguists [Russian]” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: This position has been filled.
Email Address for Applications: AdvancedLinguistics
Page Updated: 26-Nov-2015