LINGUIST List 26.5209
Fri Nov 20 2015
Jobs: English; General Linguistics; Syntax: Copy-Editor, Copernicus Gesellschaft mbH
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Meredith Gunnells <meredith.gunnells
English; General Linguistics; Syntax: Copy-Editor, Copernicus Gesellschaft mbH, Goettingen, Germany E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Copernicus Gesellschaft mbH
Job Location: Goettingen, Germany
Web Address: http://www.copernicus.org/career/
Job Title: English speaker for language copy-editing
Job Rank: English speaker for language copy-editing; Other
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Syntax
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Copernicus is a publisher of well-established international journals with a focus on geosciences. All journals are open access: they are available at no cost to the readers, and the costs are instead borne by the authors. Copernicus provides an excellent publishing service for these authors. We are currently recruiting full-time, permanent staff members (40 h/week) for the position of
English speaker for language copy-editing
- Applying Copernicus’ policy of Lite Copy-Editing to our manuscripts: spelling, grammar, articles/prepositions, punctuation, and word-choice corrections;
- Supporting authors from around the world by improving their manuscripts, thereby achieving higher credibility in the scientific community.
- You speak and write English at a native speaker level and have a passion for language. Knowledge of German and/or other languages is a plus.
- You have a university degree in linguistics or the natural sciences.
- You have some work experience and are familiar with academic texts.
- You have a keen eye for detail and an excellent command of English mechanics, punctuation, and grammar.
- You are motivated and possess good organizational and time-management skills.
- You are open-minded to learning new technologies.
- A friendly working environment with 55 open-minded colleagues, a challenging and rewarding job with opportunities to contribute your unique talents,
- A secure working position with performance-related allowances, substantial social benefits, and a family-friendly policy.
Please send your application with your asking salary to Meredith Gunnells at the application email address below.
Application Deadline: 31-Mar-2016 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jobs
Page Updated: 20-Nov-2015