LINGUIST List 26.5272
Tue Nov 24 2015
Calls: General Linguistics/Greece
Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amandalinguistlist.org>
Alexandros Tantos <alextantos
37th Annual Meeting of the Department of Linguistics General Linguistics E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 37th Annual Meeting of the Department of Linguistics
Short Title: AMGL37
Date: 12-May-2016 - 14-May-2016
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Contact Person: Alexandros Tantos, Despina Papadopoulou
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.lit.auth.gr/amgl37/index.html
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Call Deadline: 14-Feb-2016
The Department of Linguistics, School of Philology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, is pleased to announce its 37th Annual Meeting to be held in Thessaloniki on May 12-14, 2016. We invite contributions on any field of Linguistics.
Moreover, the 37th Annual Meeting includes two thematic workshops:
- Linguistics in Language Teaching and Clinical Research. Abstracts are welcome in linguistic studies that explore (i) first and second/foreign language teaching and (ii) clinical interventions for individuals with language disorders.
- Computational models and their applications in language technology. Abstracts are welcome in studies that focus on formal linguistic models, such as Dynamic Syntax, Lexical Functional Grammar and Head-Driven Phrase Structure Grammar, as well as on their exploitation for various language technology applications, e.g. machine translation, information extraction etc.
For more details about our workshops, you can visit the conference's webpage: http://www.lit.auth.gr/amgl37/index.html
Call for Abstracts:
Extended call deadline: 14 February 2016
Those who wish to participate in the 37th Annual Meeting with a presentation are invited to submit two copies of their abstracts (one anonymous and one signed) to amgl37
lit.auth.gr by 14 February 2016. Notification of acceptance will be sent on 29 February 2016. Your abstract should be submitted electronically as a pdf file. The anonymous copy should be free of self-citations. The name “Author” with the publication date of the article can be used instead.
Submissions should be in the following format:
- Length: One A4 page (excluding bibliography)
- Font: Times New Roman 12pt
- Space: Single
- Margins: 1 inch (2.54 cm) all sides
- For the signed copy: Title, author(s), affiliation, email address (centered)
- For the anonymous copy: Title (centered)
Please indicate in your email whether your abstract is submitted to the general conference or to one of the two workshops.
Each participant is entitled to submit only one (single or joined) paper-presentation. The papers may be presented either in Greek or in English and they will be 20 minutes long followed by a 10-minute discussion.
Pre-conference Graduate Workshop:
A pre-conference postgraduate workshop will be held on 12 May 2016. Young researchers (e.g. postgraduate and doctoral students) are encouraged to submit an abstract on any area of Linguistics. State-of-the-art and review papers will not be accepted for presentation. The papers that will be accepted for presentation may be further submitted for publication in the Proceedings.
- Standard fee: 40 EUR
- Student fee (for undergraduate and postgraduate students): 20 EUR
The price includes the conference material, coffee breaks and the Proceedings of the 37th Annual Meeting to be published the following year.
Page Updated: 24-Nov-2015