LINGUIST List 26.5427
Mon Dec 07 2015
Jobs: Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Artificial Solutions
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Francesca Sciarra <francesca.sciarra
Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Artificial Solutions, Utrecht, Netherlands E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Artificial Solutions
Department: Professional Services
Job Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Web Address: http://www.artificial-solutions.com
Job Title: Computational Linguist for Presales team
Job Rank: Computational Linguist, Presales Consultant, Engineer; Consultant; Other; Programmer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics
As a Presales Computational Linguist you are expert with Artificial Solutions® Teneo® natural language technology platform and provide essential technical knowledge to help the Sales teams win business from new and existing customers.
You will be focus on the architecture of human-like natural language dialogue systems for use on mobile, web and in consumer electronics and you will present our technology to clients.
You will design, build, and develop knowledge-based solutions, in domains such as Natural Language Interaction (NLI), Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning.
You are a technical expert with strong knowledge in the structure of language and are able to devise technical presentations of Artificial Solutions product range to client’s workshops, trials and sales meetings.
Based in our office in Utrecht (But telecommuting within Netherlands is also possible), you will be reporting to the VP Presales and will be working in a team of skilled and driven multicultural Computational Linguists and Presales Engineers.
The position will focus upon:
- Conducting or participating in client workshops, trials, evaluations, proof of concepts and any other technical aspect of the Presales process.
- Defining requirements, estimating time scales and providing consulting services to clients and partners, often implementing new solutions on the spot.
- Devising technical presentations and demonstrations of Artificial Solutions product range to a wide spectrum of audience.
- Using your language and technical skills to build natural language artifacts, prototypes and solutions.
Education: BA in Computational Linguistic, Language Technologies or similar.
Linguistics and computational linguistics knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge in structural aspects of language (Formal syntax, Formal Semantics, Morphology, Corpus analysis, Dialogue management)
- Excellent programming skills in C++/Java, Python including object-oriented analysis and design
- Previous client facing experience
- Strong presentation skills in order to articulate features, functions and benefits of Natural Language solutions
- Understanding of Statistics (preferably applied to natural language analysis) / Mathematics, Machine learning, Machine translation, Computer aided language learning – in combination with language studies or interest in language itself - will be a plus.
- Fluent English
- Any additional language is a plus (German especially)
- Strong logical and analytical skills, being able to deal with complex and abstract concepts
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems to identify the root cause
- Proven customer facing skills and ability to interact and communicate effectively with stakeholders at different levels
- Capability for identifying needs and business value solutions for the clients
- Professional attitude, detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work well both alone and within a larger team
- Flexible and open-minded, pragmatic and proactive approach
- Ability to work in multi-functional teams
- Ability to combine multiple task and projects
What we Offer:
- Outgoing, flexible and international work environment
- Competitive base salary plus an interesting packaging along with a healthy work-life balance
- Full training in our Artificial Solutions® Teneo® natural language technology platform and continuous learning in the red hot sector of Artificial Intelligence and NLP.
Please send us your CV in English either by email or by applying through our career page.
Application Deadline: 26-Feb-2016 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: francesca.sciarra
Web Address for Applications: http://www.artificial-solutions.com/about-artificial-solutions/careers/
HR Francesca Sciarra
Page Updated: 07-Dec-2015