LINGUIST List 26.5451
Mon Dec 07 2015
Calls: Applied Ling/Portugal
Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashleylinguistlist.org>
Birger Larsen <birger
CLEF 2016: Conference and Labs of the Evaluation Forum E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: CLEF 2016: Conference and Labs of the Evaluation Forum
Short Title: CLEF2016
Date: 05-Sep-2016 - 08-Sep-2016
Location: Évore, Portugal
Contact Person: Paulo Quaresma
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://clef2016.clef-initiative.eu/
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics
Call Deadline: 08-Apr-2016
CLEF 2016: Conference and Labs of the Evaluation Forum
Information Access Evaluation meets Multilinguality, Multimodality and Interaction
5-8 September 2016, Évora - Portugal http://clef2016.clef-initiative.eu/
CLEF 2016 consists of an independent peer-reviewed conference on a broad range of issues in the fields of multilingual and multimodal information access evaluation, and a set of labs and workshops designed to test different aspects of mono and cross-language Information Retrieval systems.
Together, the conference and the lab series will maintain and expand upon the CLEF tradition of community-based evaluation and discussion on evaluation issues.
Call for Papers:
The CLEF Conference addresses all aspects of Information Access in any modality and language. The CLEF conference has a clear focus on experimental IR as done at the evaluation forums (CLEF Labs, TREC, NTCIR, FIRE, MediaEval, RomIP, SemEval, TAC, ...) with special attention to the challenges of multimodality, multilinguality, and interactive search. We invite submissions on significant new insights demonstrated on the resulting IR test collections, on analysis of IR test collections and evaluation measures, as well as on
concrete proposals to push the boundaries of the Cranfield/TREC/CLEF paradigm.
CLEF welcomes papers that describe rigorous hypothesis testing regardless of whether the results are positive or negative. Methods are expected to be written so that they are reproducible by others, and the logic of the research design is clearly described in the paper. The conference proceedings will be published in the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
Relevant topics for the CLEF 2016 Conference include but are not limited to:
- Information Access in any language or modality: Information retrieval, image retrieval, question answering, search interfaces and design, infrastructures, etc.
- Analytics for Information Retrieval: theoretical and practical results in the analytics field that are specifically targeted for information access data analysis
- Evaluation Initiatives: Conclusions, lessons learned, impact and projection of any evaluation initiative after completing their cycle.
- Evaluation: methodologies, metrics, statistical and analytical tools, component based, user groups and use cases, ground-truth creation, impact of multilingual/multicultural/multimodal differences, etc.
- Technology Transfer: Economic impact/sustainability of information access approaches, deployment and exploitation of systems, use cases, etc.
- Interactive Information Retrieval Evaluation: the interactive evaluation of IR systems using user-centered methods, evaluation of novel search interfaces, novel interactive evaluation methods, simulation of interaction, etc.
- Specific Application Domains: Information access and its evaluation in application domains such as cultural heritage, digital libraries, social media, expert search, health information, legal documents, patents, news, books, plants, etc.
Two types of papers are solicited:
- Long papers: 12 pages max. Aimed to report complete research works
- Short papers: 6 pages max. Position papers, new evaluation proposals, developments and applications, etc.
Papers will be peer-reviewed by at least 3 members of the program committee. Selection will be based on originality, clarity, and technical quality. Papers should be submitted in PDF format to the following address: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=clef2016
- Submission of Long Papers: April 8, 2016
- Submission of Short Papers: April 15, 2016
- Notification of Acceptance: May 15, 2016
- Camera Ready Copy due: June 17, 2016
- Conference: September 5-8, 2016
Page Updated: 07-Dec-2015