LINGUIST List 26.5488
Wed Dec 09 2015
Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Assistant Professor, Los Medanos College
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Spanish; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Assistant Professor, Los Medanos College, California, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Los Medanos College
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.4cd.edu/
Job Title: Spanish Assistant Professor
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
Spanish Assistant Professor
Los Medanos College
Contra Costa Community College District
Salary: $58,452 - $87,960 per year
This is a full-time (15 lecture hours/week), tenure track academic position. The successful applicants will be well qualified to teach all Spanish courses.
A tenure-track position as Assistant Professor of Spanish is available mid-August 2016. The successful candidate's teaching responsibilities will include courses in beginning and intermediate transfer level Spanish language, culture, literature and conversation. In addition to contractual duties, all full-time faculty will be expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the teaching assignment may be in the evening and/or online at either the Pittsburg or Brentwood campuses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to contractual duties, all full-time faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the teaching assignment may be in the evening and/or online.
- Master’s degree in Spanish or bachelor’s degree in Spanish
- Master’s degree in another language or linguistics or the equivalent
Please note: If you do not meet the minimum qualifications exactly or if you’re unsure whether or not your degree meets the minimum qualifications, you must complete the equivalency form contained in the application packet.
The college is seeking applicants who exhibit the highest level of professional excellence and dedication as evidenced by:
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to teach all levels of Spanish at the lower division Associates Degree in Spanish in reading/writing/speaking/understanding/ grammar/culture/literature at the community college level;
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to implement an outcomes-based, integrated, critical reading/writing/speaking/understanding curriculum using effective and innovative pedagogy/curriculum and technology;
- Experience participating in collaborative contexts both within the college and in the larger community;
- Demonstrated ability and understanding of effective/successful teaching strategies tailored to diverse social, linguistic, and cultural backgrounds (such as students for whom English is not the first language), as well as diverse educational backgrounds, including underprepared students and those with learning disabilities ;
- Experience effectively incorporating ethnic and multicultural perspectives (e.g. gender, socio-economic class, sexual orientation, deaf and hearing culture) into curriculum.
Job Close Date: 2/5/2016
For a full job description and to apply, visit the application website below.
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Application Deadline: 05-Feb-2016
Web Address for Applications: http://apptrkr.com/717702
Page Updated: 09-Dec-2015