LINGUIST List 26.5550
Mon Dec 14 2015
Calls: Computational Linguistics, Text/Corpus Linguistics/Croatia
Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhitelinguistlist.org>
Marko Tadić <marko.tadic
10th International Conference on Natural Language Processing E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 10th International Conference on Natural Language Processing
Short Title: HrTAL2016
Date: 29-Sep-2016 - 01-Oct-2016
Location: Dubrovnik, Croatia
Contact Person: Marko Tadić
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://hnk.ffzg.hr/hrtal2016
Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Call Deadline: 10-Apr-2016
HrTAL2016 will be the tenth in the series of the TAL conferences, following PolTAL2014 (Warsaw, Poland), JapTAL 2012 (Kanazawa, Japan), IceTAL 2010 (Reykjavík, Iceland), GoTAL 2008 (Gothenburg, Sweden), FinTAL 2006 (Turku, Finland), EsTAL 2004 (Alicante, Spain), PorTAL 2002 (Faro, Portugal), VexTAL 1999 (Venice, Italy) and FracTAL 1997 (Besançon, France).
The main purpose of the TAL conference series is to bring together scientists representing linguistics, computer science and related fields, sharing a common interest in the advancement of computational linguistics and natural language processing.
The conference will be organised and hosted by the Institute of Linguistics, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb and the Croatian Language Technologies Society.
Call for Papers:
10th International Conference on Natural Language Processing (HrTAL2016)
29 September–1 October 2016 http://hnk.ffzg.hr/hrtal2016
The conference will be organised and hosted at the Centre for Advanced Academic Studies, Dubrovnik, Croatia.
HtTAL2016 proceedings will appear in the Springer LNCS/LNAI series, as in case of previous TAL conferences.
Papers are invited on recent, substantial, original and unpublished research on all aspects of computational linguistics and natural language and speech processing, including, but not limited to:
- Word segmentation, tagging and chunking
- Syntax, parsing and grammar formalisms
- Lexical semantics and word sense disambiguation
- Compositional semantics and semantic parsing
- Distributional and model-theoretic approaches to semantics
- Pragmatics, discourse and dialogue
- Linguistic, psychological and mathematical models of language
- Language resources and tools
- Lexicon, lexical databases and ontologies
- Corpus linguistics and corpus-based language modelling
- Information retrieval, question answering and information extraction
- Generation and summarisation
- Machine translation, translation aids and multilingual systems
- Dialogue systems and multimodal systems
as well as:
- Phonetics, phonology and morphology
- Speech recognition and speech synthesis
- Simulation and visualisation
- Knowledge acquisition and representation
- Text and speech interfaces
- Text and speech classification
- Systems evaluation
We welcome submissions both from the academia and the industry on any topic that is of interest to the NLP community, particularly encouraging research emphasising multidisciplinary and linguistic aspects of Computational Linguistics.
All submissions will be reviewed by at least three programme committee members. The submissions will be judged on relevance, originality, technical quality and presentation. Papers can be submitted in two categories:
- Full papers, describing substantial research with well-evaluated results,
- Short papers, typically describing ongoing research and preliminary results.
At the conference, full papers will be presented as talks and short papers will be presented as posters.
More information will be available in December 2015.
- 10 January 2015: Submission open
- 10 April 2016: Submission deadline
- 15 May 2016: Acceptance notifications sent out
See at the Committee page at the HrTAL2016 conference site.
Contact – Organising Committee Chairs:
- Božo Bekavac
- Marko Tadić
Contact email address: hrtal2016 at ffzg.hr.
Conference Site: http://hnk.ffzg.hr/hrtal2016
Page Updated: 14-Dec-2015