LINGUIST List 26.5599
Thu Dec 17 2015
Jobs: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Software Engineer, Nuance Communications
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
TJ Leahy <tj.leahy
Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Software Engineer, Nuance Communications E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Merelbeke, Belgium
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Title: Software Engineer, Natural Language Processing
Job Rank: Other; Software Engineer, Natural Language Processing
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Software Engineer, Natural Language Processing
Nuance Healthcare, a division of Nuance Communications, is the market leader in providing clinical understanding solutions that accurately capture and transform the patient story into meaningful, actionable information. Thousands of hospitals, providers and payers worldwide trust Nuance speech-enabled clinical documentation and analytics solutions to facilitate smarter, more efficient decisions across the healthcare enterprise. Nuance Healthcare has been recognized as “Best-in-KLAS” 2004-2011 for Speech Recognition.
The NLP Software Engineer will contribute to the development of new NLP (Natural Language Processing)-based applications and support their rollout in the market. S/he will do this through CLU-pipeline improvements and CLU-engine tuning by applying machine learning algorithms on medical corpora. This person will report to the Manager Software Development for CLU applications.
- Participate in projects from requirements analysis to QA.
- Develop and improve NLP-applications through rules(-learning), making use of annotated corpora.
- Improve the CLU-engine by developing/improving new CLU pipeline components.
- Take control of fine-tuning our NLP-applications for new customers.
- Actively participate as a scrum team member in all phases of the scrum process.
- Troubleshoot application defects.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Effectively work with multiple stakeholders and teams located in different geographical locations.
- 2-4 years of professional experience.
- A medical/biology background or affinity with the medical terminology.
- 2+ years experience with JAVA development or another OO-language
- Experience with the processing of big data, preferably in a cloud environment.
- Comfortable being part of a team, especially a geographically dispersed team.
- Motivated to be a self-starter and individual performer effectively contributing to overall team productivity and collaboration.
- Excellent English communication skills (written, oral, listening).
- Passion and enthusiasm.
- Experience with machine learning and NLP.
- Willing to travel internationally a couple times a year.
Education: Master/PhD in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Medical Informatics, Bio-engineering/Biomedical Sciences or equivalent though experience.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Application Deadline: 31-Jan-2016 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: emeajobs
Page Updated: 17-Dec-2015