LINGUIST List 26.5606
Thu Dec 17 2015
Calls: Applied Ling/Colombia
Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashleylinguistlist.org>
José Aldemar Álvarez Valencia <jose.aldemar.alvarez
Conference on Language Teacher Education and II ELT Conference E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Conference on Language Teacher Education and II ELT Conference
Date: 17-Mar-2016 - 19-Mar-2016
Location: Santiago de Cali, Colombia
Contact Person: José Aldemar Álvarez V.
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://universidadesidiomas-elt-english.weebly.com/
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics
Subject Language(s): English; French; Spanish
Call Deadline: 01-Feb-2016
March 17, 18 and 19, 2016, Universidad del Valle, ICESI and USC
Santiago de Cali, Colombia
Universidad del Valle, in partnership with Universidad ICESI and Universidad Santiago de Cali, is pleased to invite you to the XI Encuentro de Universidades Formadoras de Licenciados en Idiomas and II ELT Conference.
This academic event is an initiative of public and private universities that seek to share challenges and experiences in the training of foreign language teachers in Colombia.
Aware of both the need to strengthen the area of foreign language teaching in Colombia and the importance of the Valle del Cauca region in the training of professionals in the field of teacher education, we are pleased to invite you to participate in this event, organized by Universidad del Valle in partnership with ICESI and USC universities. The conference will be held between March 17 and 19, 2016, on the campuses of the three organizing Universities that are located in the beautiful city of Santiago de Cali, Colombia.
Call for Papers:
We are now accepting proposals for our XI annual conference on March 17-19, 2016. We are honored to have Ken Hyland (University of Hong Kong), Christian Puren (University of Jean Monnet de Saint-Etienne, France) and Tim Marr (London Language Advisors) as our international keynote speakers.
The event will gather students, researchers, pre-service and in-service educators around the following objectives:
- To share findings of research on language teaching with the academic community.
- To share thoughts and questions on key topics such as: foreign language proficiency levels, knowledge base in foreign language teaching, research training, teaching methodologies, accreditation for foreign languages programs, language teaching in undergraduate and graduate programs, professional development, educational policy and social commitment of students and teachers.
- To strengthen the national academic community, so that it can contribute to the development of international communities committed to the teaching of foreign languages.
- To promote the participation of teacher educators in the creation of new knowledge through inter-institutional collaborative work.
Abstracts on areas related to the following topics will be considered:
- Curriculum design and curriculum evaluation
- Research on language teaching and learning
- Innovative practices (use of ICT, methodologies, didactic proposals, autonomy)
- Evaluation and assessment of student learning
- Accreditation of foreign language programs
- Professional development programs
- Intercultural communication
- Bilingual education
- Language for academic and specific purposes (LAP / LSP)
- Language teaching to children
For more information about the event and how to submit a proposal visit our website http://universidadesidiomas-elt-english.weebly.com/
Please note our deadline is February 15.
Page Updated: 17-Dec-2015