LINGUIST List 26.5630
Fri Dec 18 2015
Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Lecturer, South University of Science and Technology of China
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Holmes Zheng <hiring
English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Lecturer, South University of Science and Technology of China, Shenzhen, China E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: South University of Science and Technology of China
Job Location: Shenzhen, China
Web Address: http://www.sustc.edu.cn/
Job Title: Language Center Lecturer Positions – English Language
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The SUSTC Language Center invites applications for lecturers to facilitate English language training for a diverse range of SUSTC students, in addition to training for faculty members and staff. The primary language of instruction at the university is English. South University of Science and Technology of China (SUSTC) is a young public university located in Shenzhen, China, near Hong Kong.
Appointment will be made on a contract basis for up to three years initially commencing February 2016, renewable subject to mutual agreement. The compensation package will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
1. Teaching academic listening, speaking, reading, and writing at various levels;
2. Participating in placement and exit testing;
3. Providing training for graduate students and faculty members in using English as an instructional language;
4. Providing training for the administrative staff to develop English competency;
5. Curriculum, assessment and materials development;
6. Participating in department meetings or program support activities as needed.
1. An earned masters or doctorate degree in TESOL, TEFL, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics or related field;
2. Minimum 3 years’ experience teaching English at the college/university level;
3. Experience in one or more of the following areas: EAP, curriculum development, ESP for STEM, assessment, teacher training, academic writing, educational technology;
4. Experience living/teaching abroad highly desirable;
5. For applicants with a doctorate degree, evidence of research publication in the field of English language education.
CV, cover letter, contact details of 3 referees, scanned copies of academic qualifications and any other supporting materials to the application email below.
More information about the University can be found at http://sustc.edu.cn/en/
Application Deadline: 18-Jun-2016 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: hiring
Page Updated: 18-Dec-2015