LINGUIST List 26.885
Wed Feb 11 2015
Jobs: Translation: Linguist, Esprit de Corps, Corporation
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Martina Lay <mlay
Translation: Linguist, Esprit de Corps, Corporation E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Esprit de Corps, Corporation
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://www.edcfederal.com
Job Title: Primary, Senior and Expert Linguists
Job Rank: Linguist - Analyst; Other
Specialty Areas: Translation; intelligence analysis, subject matter expertise, counterterrorism
EDC is currently seeking a qualified Linguists and analysts to join our world- class team of knowledge leaders.
- Experience as a linguist supporting contingency operations
- Knowledge of U.S. Intelligence Community, military, cryptologic, and or law enforcement experience
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in Target Language and in English
- Linguists who are proficient in multiple languages are strongly desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Near native proficiency in reading, writing and speaking in at least one of the following languages: Chinese (West Coast Position), Pashto & Dari, Kurdish (Travel Position), Chinese (Northern Virginia Position), Farsi (VA), Arabic (VA), Arabic (Travel), Russian (VA), Korean (VA)
- Must also have near native proficiency in reading, writing and speaking in English.
- Has a good understanding of regional dialects.
- Adheres to translation/transcription/interpretation protocols.
- Very good computer skills in MS applications, Internet research.
- Top Secret/SCI Preferred but lower clearances or no clearances will be considered dependent upon skills and experience
- Must be able to Obtain a Top Secret/SCI with polygraph
- BA/BS Preferred. Work experience may be substituted for education and education may be substituted for work experience.
- Must have 2-5 years (Primary) / 5-10 (Senior - Expert) years related experience or military training.
- Must be able to perform full range of activities as a linguist i.e. translation, transcription, interpretation.
- Some positions require short or long term travel
- Advanced professional capabilities.
Senior: minimum ILR 4-4+ for translation or interpretation on interagency language roundtable.
Expert: minimum ILR 5-5+ for translation or interpretation on interagency language roundtable.
Primary: minimum ILR 3-3+ for translation or interpretation on interagency language roundtable.
Esprit de Corps is a professional services corporation that excels at producing sophisticated solutions in support of our nation’s interests at home and abroad. Leveraging our team of subject matter experts in rule of law and border security, languages and intelligence, we produce effective and efficient solutions in a complex global environment. With our subject matter expertise in specialized, professional, and academic disciplines—and our ability to recruit the finest professionals - EDC offers streamlined, flexible, and reliable solutions.
Founded by academics and educators, Esprit de Corps’ success is directly attributable to its reliance on the simple belief that knowledge promotes our national interests, informs our public policy, enhances national security, and strengthens democracy across the globe.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.
EDC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other criteria the consideration of which is made impermissible by applicable law.
Application Deadline: 30-May-2015 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jointhecorps
Web Address for Applications: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH08/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=ESPRDECO&cws=1
President & CEO Martina Lay
Page Updated: 11-Feb-2015