LINGUIST List 26.896
Thu Feb 12 2015
FYI: ACL Special Interest Group: Slavic Natural Language Processing
Editor for this issue: Uliana Kazagasheva <ulianalinguistlist.org>
Jakub Piskorski <jpiskorski
ACL Special Interest Group: Slavic Natural Language Processing E-mail this message to a friend
We are glad to announce that the ACL (Association for Computational Linguistics) Special Interest Group on Slavic Natural Language Processing (SIGSLAV) has been established.
The main purpose of SIGSLAV is to:
- stimulate basic and applied research in Natural Language Processing (NLP) for all Slavic languages;
- provide researchers who share an interest in Slavic NLP platforms and fora for information exchange;
- facilitate and sponsor organization of scientific events relevant to Slavic NLP;
- maintain a repository of resources relevant to research on NLP in Slavic languages;
- support the creation of common standards and representations related to NLP in the Slavic languages.
For more information, please visit the SIG Home page at: http://sigslav.cs.helsinki.fi
Membership is open to all who have an interest in NLP in Slavic languages.
Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Language Family(ies): Slavic Subgroup
Page Updated: 12-Feb-2015