LINGUIST List 26.996
Wed Feb 18 2015
Confs: General Linguistics/Czech Republic
Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhitelinguistlist.org>
Vojtech Duda <duda.vojtech
16th International Meeting of Young Linguists E-mail this message to a friend
16th International Meeting of Young Linguists
Date: 11-May-2015 - 13-May-2015
Location: Olomouc, Czech Republic
Contact: Bozena Bednarikova
Contact Email: < click here to access email >
Meeting URL: http://mladilingviste.upol.cz/
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
The conference can boast of a 15 years’ tradition which started in 2000 at the Institute of the Czech Language of the Academy of Sciences, Prague, and has been continued since 2001 at Palacký University in Olomouc. This year’s main topics are:
- What is linguistics heading for? Is the dichotomy view on language to be abandoned? Shall we attempt to bridge the gap between langue and parole (Newmayer 2002)?
- How to capture and describe language as the dynamic, multifaceted phenomenon?
- How to capture and describe ever-changing character of the discourse and new needs of interaction (intergenerational, intercultural, interlanguage, interethnic, and interregional communication)?
- What are the relations between grammar and strategies of successful communication in real-life situations? How does the actual language work?
- How to exploit language corpora? As a source of data and computer tools for the functional analysis? Are the corpora representative enough?
Page Updated: 18-Feb-2015