LINGUIST List 27.1533
Fri Apr 01 2016
Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Rank Open, Universidad de los Andes
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Camila Rodas <lenguasgestorac
English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Rank Open, Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá D.C., Colombia E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Universidad de los Andes
Department: Language and Culture
Job Location: Bogotá D.C., Colombia
Web Address: http://lenguas.uniandes.edu.co/
Job Title: Four full-time Assistant, Associate, or Full English Lecturers
Job Rank: Docente de planta Asistente/ Asociado/ Titular; Rank Open
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition
Required Language(s): English (eng)
- MA or PhD in subjects related to the teaching of languages (e.g., Applied Linguistics, Second Language Studies, MATESOL, and similar). Additional expertise in areas related to applied linguistics is also desirable.
- At least two years of certified, full-time work experience teaching English as a Foreign Language, at the junior college or university levels. Experience teaching at language institutes may apply.
- Demonstrable expertise in English language usage. (CEFR = C2)
- Two academic products that demonstrate the excellence of your job performance (course syllabi, workshop materials, internal reports, journal publications, etc.).
- Intermediate level of Spanish (CEFR = B1).
Contract and Remuneration:
The Department of Languages and Culture is interested in filling four Lecturer positions, at either the Assistant, Associate or Full ranks. The professional category and salary awarded to the candidate depends upon experience. This job announcement may be declared null and void.
Required Documents (please submit in English):
- Cover letter, addressed to Dr. Hugo Hernán Ramírez
- Complete academic CV or résumé
- A syllabus for an advanced English course you would like to teach in the department (appx. two pages). Successful syllabi will be created specifically for this job position and will address a current need in the department.
- Teaching statement (two pages maximum)
- Photocopies/ scans of your undergraduate and graduate diplomas (no translation is necessary)
- Application deadline: April 11th, 2016
- Interview list published: May 13th, 2016
- Interviews (in person or on Skype) May 24th–31st, 2016
- Interview results: June 3rd, 2016
- Teaching demonstration: June, 2016 (this can be done remotely via Internet)
- Contract and visa paperwork: June, 2016
- Start date: July 15th, 2016 (flexible)
Please e-mail Camila Rodas (email below) with any questions or concerns. Please also e-mail all documents to Camila Rodas in PDF format before, April 11th, 2016, 11:59 p.m. Colombian time (GMT -5:00).
Please label your subject line as follows:
DOCENTE INGLÉS-LAST NAME(S) IN CAPS, First Middle Names
*Applications that are incomplete or that are sent after the application deadline will NOT be considered.
**Candidates will be notified of their application status before or on May 13th, 2016. Only candidates listed on the interview list will be interviewed between May 24–31, 2016.
Application Deadline: 11-Apr-2016
Email Address for Applications: lenguasgestorac
Academic Manager Camila Rodas
Phone: +571 3394949 EXT. 4050
Page Updated: 01-Apr-2016