LINGUIST List 27.1587
Tue Apr 05 2016
FYI: Call for Proposals: Paragon Research Grants 2016-17
Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashleylinguistlist.org>
Zhi Li <zli
Call for Proposals: Paragon Research Grants 2016-17 E-mail this message to a friend
Paragon is pleased to announce the 2016 round of Paragon Research Grants. The grants provide funding for research projects into Paragon’s tests:
- Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP, https://www.celpiptest.ca/
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) Assessment (https://www.cael.ca/
- Language Proficiency Index (LPI, https://www.lpitest.ca/
Research projects in the following areas are of particular interest.
- Test-takers’ cognitive processes (e.g., test-taking processes in reading/listening tests, composing processes in writing tests)
- Corpus-based analysis of test responses
- Align Paragon’s tests to existing language frameworks e.g., Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) and Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB)
- Link Paragon’s tests to other tests
Test use and impact
- Test taker perceptions and experience
- Test score user’s needs analysis
Application of complex psychometric models to solve language assessment issues.
Please visit https://www.paragontesting.ca/paragon-research-grants/
for more details about applicant eligibility, application procedures, and evaluative criteria.
Inquiries should be emailed to research
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics
Page Updated: 05-Apr-2016