LINGUIST List 27.1641
Thu Apr 07 2016
Calls: Applied Ling, Lang Acqu, Socioling, Text/Corpus Ling, Translation/Russia
Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amandalinguistlist.org>
Anastasia Atabekova <aaatabekova
LSP Teaching and Specialized Translation Skills Training at Higher Education Institutions E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: LSP Teaching and Specialized Translation Skills Training at Higher Education Institutions
Short Title: LSP & STST
Date: 12-Apr-2017 - 14-Apr-2017
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact Person: Anastasia Atabekova
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://web-local.rudn.ru/web-local/kaf/rj/index.php?id=40&p=1812
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Sociolinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation
Subject Language(s): English; French; German; Russian; Spanish
Call Deadline: 31-Jul-2016
The Organizing Committee of the Annual International Conference on LSP Teaching and Specialized Translation Skills Training in Higher Education Institutions (LSP & STST) is pleased and honored to inform you that our annual Conference will be held at Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Moscow, on 12-13 April, 2017.
The Annual International Conference on Language for Specific Purposes Teaching and Specialised Translation Skills Training in Higher Education Institutions will bring together teachers, researchers and professionals from all over the world to exchange, discuss and develop their ideas on the general topic of foreign language teaching and learning in different professional domains of today's multicultural world. The conference program will offer many opportunities for contact between various professionals, specialists and practitioners. The event will consist of a three-day program with a large number of papers, workshops and panel discussions.
Call for Papers:
The conference traditionally welcomes submissions on the following issues:
- Global Issues in Foreign Language, Translation and Interpreting Skills Training
- Foreign Language, Mediation and Translation/Interpreting Skills Training: New Trends and Experiences
- New Challenges to Foreign Language, Translation and Interpreting Skills Training
- Teacher Training for Foreign Language, Translation and Interpreting Skills Training
- Curriculum Design for Foreign Language, Translation and Interpreting Skills Training
- Academic experiences, best practice contributions, quality assurance issues in the field of Foreign Language, Translation and Interpreting Skills Training
- Technology in Foreign Languages, Translation and Interpreting Skills Training
Other topics might include the following themes:
- Language for non-language students
- Languages and Rights,
- Foreign Language as a cause of conflict and a tool for its solution,
- Content and Language integrated learning at higher education institutions
Abstract submission deadline : 31 July, 2016
Notification on accepted abstracts: 31 August, 2016
Full paper submission deadline: 1 December, 2016
The paper should not exceed 8 pages.
The paper should be arranged as the template requires. You can download the template here: web-local.rudn.ru/web-local/kaf/rj/files.php
The working language of the conference Russian and English, papers in French, Spanish, German are welcome.
Electronic Submissions should be sent to the following e-mail address: LSPandSTST
Natalya Udina, Associate Professor: udinann
Professor Anastasia Atabekova: aaatabekova
The conference proceedings will be published by the conference start day and indexed through e-library RSSI system
Conference fees : 150 euros (coffee breaks,conference dinner, conference proceedings, guided tour, certificates) to be paid by 1 December, 2016 by the author(s) of accepted papers
The University can provide organizational support regarding the accommodation, expenses are born by the conference participants.
- University campus ( 2* hotel style double and single rooms)
- 3* hotel, 15 minutes walk from the University
- Hotels in the city center upon request
Social events: guided tours in English, French, Spanish, German around Moscow (upon request)
The Organizing Committee will arrange official invitations for authors of accepted papers.
Certificates of participation and CPD course related to the conference mainstream are available.
Page Updated: 07-Apr-2016