LINGUIST List 27.1841
Wed Apr 20 2016
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Research scientist, IBM Research - Ireland
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Charles Jochim <charlesj
Computational Linguistics: Research scientist, IBM Research - Ireland, Dublin, Ireland E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: IBM Research - Ireland
Job Location: Dublin, Ireland
Web Address: https://www.research.ibm.com/labs/ireland/
Job Title: Research scientist: Natural Language Processing
Job Rank: Researcher; Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
IBM Research - Ireland is accepting applications for full-time researchers in the area of natural language processing.
The ideal candidate will have a PhD degree in computational linguistics or in computer science with a specialisation in Natural Language Processing (NLP).
Prior experience in the area of text analytics with information extraction, information retrieval and machine learning are highly desirable, and experience with corpus linguistics or natural language understanding are a plus.
Strong programming skills in Java are required.
The successful research candidate must have demonstrated ability to define research plans, carry out leading research, and publish research results through professional journals, academic conferences, and patents.
As a researcher you will be expected to organize challenging problems, develop new solutions, and work with business & development teams to ensure these solutions have a significant impact.
We are an R&D organization that works closely with city authorities, universities, and small/large businesses to advance science & technology.
Our group is especially focused on contributing to cognitive domains such as data mining and machine learning; natural language processing; decision science; artificial intelligence; knowledge & data engineering; recommender systems.
- A stimulating, cross-disciplinary environment in a leading research organization,
- Opportunities for a unique combination of scientific and industrial research into real-world problems
- Excellent ties to academic and industrial research labs worldwide
- Up-to-date infrastructure and resources
- The ability to take part in large-scale international research projects
- PhD Degree in computational linguistics or computer science.
- At least 5 years experience in the areas of information extraction and machine learning.
- Strong publication record in top-tier research conferences and journals.
- At least 3 years experience in programming in Java.
- Hands-on experience with analytical tools, NLP and machine learning libraries (e.g., Weka, SPSS, MALLET, Stanford NLP).
- English: Fluent
- Experience in one of the following domains: anaphora resolution, question answering, textual entailment.
- Strong software engineering skills.
- Experience with speech processing technology is a plus.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Application Deadline: 31-Jul-2016 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=26059&siteid=5016&AReq=36957BR
Page Updated: 20-Apr-2016