LINGUIST List 27.2101
Fri May 06 2016
Jobs: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Onsite Program Manager, International Center for Language Studies
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Anna Carson <acarson
Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Onsite Program Manager, International Center for Language Studies, Virginia, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: International Center for Language Studies
Department: Foreign Language Division
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://www.icls.edu/
Job Title: Onsite Program Manager
Job Rank: Manager; Onsite Program Manager
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition
The International Center for Language Studies (ICLS) is a woman-owned, independent language school based in Washington, DC which is now celebrating 50 years of delivering high-quality training in ESL and over 85 different foreign languages. The ICLS mission is to offer student-centered language programs that develop authentic target language use, focus on individual goals, and enable students to be successful in a global environment.
We are currently hiring for the above position at our client site in Arlington, VA which provides language training and testing to adults in the diplomatic community in over 70 languages. Enrollments in the School surpass 2,000 students annually including up to 1,000 distance learning enrollments.
- Apply knowledge of contractor personnel management (including responsibilities under all applicable labor laws) to monitor activities of the Contractor Company employees.
- Apply management and leadership skills in consulting, coaching, mentoring and directing contractors from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds when issues requiring intervention arise.
- Coordinate training, coaching and development of contractors as needed to ensure high quality language instruction.
- Monitor and track contractor time and attendance to ensure that contractors are at work and in class as assigned.
- Meet with language training team as needed regarding assignments, contractor performance and/or conduct,planning, and status updates.
- Inform the language training team of any and all issues requiring Government attention.
- Design and maintain spreadsheets to monitor contractor staffing allocations.
- Implement and enforce Government and company policies with contractor staff.
- Lead the transition plan at all phases.
- Track open positions and coordinate resources to fill in a timely manner.
- Monitor performance of contract staff. Provide feedback on performance (from evaluations) and institute performance improvement plans when necessary.
- Lead all quality control efforts.
- Participate in client meetings and have current, accurate information to report regarding program performance.
- Provide timely reports as required and requested.
- Proactively anticipate risk issues and provide mitigation plans.
- Advanced, native, or near-native English language proficiency (verbal and written).
- MA/MS or Ph.D., or foreign equivalent degree degree in applied linguistics, foreign language education,second language acquisition, or a related field.
- 2 or more years of experience administering a foreign language program.
- 3 or more years of experience as a foreign language instructor, tester, curriculum developer, or similar role.
- A minimum of 4,500 hours experience leading and directing programs.
- Experience in overseeing and performing administration on a staff of 100 + in a related field.
- Experience managing non-native U.S. citizens.
- Management experience in tracking budgets on large government contracts.
- Experience in proactive recruiting, hiring, and training to fulfill emerging requirements.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience managing non-native U.S. citizens in a highly diverse cultural setting preferred. Knowledge of adult language teaching and learning principles, curriculum design methods, evaluation, and/or teacher training preferred.
- Experience providing teacher training valued.
- Experience teaching to and/or testing with the ILR scale in an adult learning environment valued. Project Management Professional Certification valued.
Application Deadline: 19-May-2016
Email Address for Applications: foreignlang
Director, Foreign Language Division Anna Carson
Page Updated: 06-May-2016