LINGUIST List 27.2259
Wed May 18 2016
FYI: Call for Guest Editors and Thematic Proposals
Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashleylinguistlist.org>
Eric Laporte <eric.laporte
Call for Guest Editors and Thematic Proposals E-mail this message to a friend
Call for Guest Editors and Thematic Proposals:
Title of the Journal: Lingvisticae Investigationes. International Journal of Linguistics and Language Resources
Call Deadline: 01-Jul-2016 http://infolingu.univ-mlv.fr/LI/specialVolumes.html
Lingvisticae Investigationes (LI) invites researchers in linguistics and language resources to propose a special volume to be published in 2017.
LI is a 40-year old international journal in English or French founded by Maurice Gross. It is published and distributed by John Benjamins Publishing Company. It is listed in the European Reference Index for the Humanities (ERIH) for Linguistics, published by the European Science Foundation (ESF). L.I. is ranked as Q2 (among the 50% best journals in Linguistics and Language) for years 2012 and 2014 on the basis of the Scimago Journal Rank (SJR).
What are the conditions to publish a special volume?
A public call for papers is issued and widely disseminated, at least in English, and at least on a web site or on international diffusion lists.
The special volume has a scientific committee, whose members are in charge of reviewing the anonymous submitted papers, and selecting among them for publication in the special volume. The selection of the papers for publication is made on full versions of the papers: the final versions should not be significantly longer than or different from the papers originally submitted. The names of the reviewers are publicly announced in the call for papers. The reviews transferred to authors are anonymous.
A proposal for a special volume must be sent to the editors or secretary of LI. The criteria for validating proposals are:
- the scientific relevance and opportunity of the theme
- the relevance of the theme with regard to the scope of LI - https://benjamins.com/#catalog/journals/li/main
- the scientific competence and size of the scientific committee
Once a proposal for a special volume is accepted by the editors of LI, the authors of the proposal become guest editors of the volume. They are responsible for the dissemination of the call for papers, the observance of the rules for the selection of submitted papers, the fulfillment or modification of the time schedule, the relations with the reviewers and authors, and the delivery of the final versions of the papers to LI. The number of accepted papers should take into account the size of a volume of LI, which is 175 journal pages. This size corresponds to approximately 133 usual A4 pages, due to the difference in page size.
How to propose a special volume?
Please provide the following information in your proposal for a special volume:
- a description of the theme of the future volume, in the form of a text which will serve as call for papers if the proposal is accepted by the editors of LI
- the list of members of the scientific committee and their affiliation
- a time schedule for the preparation of the volume, with deadlines for the following events:
- public call for papers T0 + 2 months (T0 = date of the proposal of the special volume)
- submission of papers T0 + 8 months
- notification to authors T0 + 9 months
- final version of papers T0 + 10 months
- publication T0 + 12 months http://infolingu.univ-mlv.fr/LI/specialVolumes.html https://benjamins.com/#catalog/journals/li/specialissues
Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Lexicography
Page Updated: 18-May-2016