LINGUIST List 27.4891
Wed Nov 30 2016
Jobs: Multiple Languages; General Linguistics; Lexicography; Phonetics; Phonology; Text/Corpus Lingusitics: Language Modeler, Amazon Text-To-Speech
Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amandalinguistlist.org>
Marco Nicolis <nicolism
Multiple Languages; General Linguistics; Lexicography; Phonetics; Phonology; Text/Corpus Lingusitics: Language Modeler, Amazon Text-To-Speech E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Amazon Text-To-Speech
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Job Title: Language Modelers
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Lexicography; Phonetics; Phonology; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn) Danish (dan) Dutch (nld) German (deu) Icelandic (isl) Japanese (jpn) Korean (kor) Norwegian Bokm�l (nob) Portuguese (por) Romanian (ron) Russian (rus) Swedish (swe) Turkish (tur) Welsh (cym)
Language modelers (remote work)
We build TTS voices that help developers revolutionize the way people interact with devices and services!
At Ivona, an Amazon company, we take pride in building complete end-to-end solutions, staring from researching a problem, implementing the solution, building a scalable and reliable service and ensuring the service is there when you need it.
We are looking for linguists to help us with language modelling in the following languages:
Mandarin Chinese, Danish, Dutch, German, Icelandic, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Norwegian, Welsh.
All the positions are available for remote work. The successful candidates will be able to work in their own time, without a fixed working scheduled. Projects will be defined withe the successful candidate and deadlines defined accordingly.
You are expected to have solid knowledge of linguistics, in particular knowledge of phonetics/phonology. You will be working on a variety of tasks to improve natural language processing of TTS (text-to-speech). You will actively collaborate with Software Developers with linguistic expertise throughout the whole language and voice building process at Ivona/Amazon.
The tasks include:
- Producing / validating phonetic transcriptions.
- QA of TTS voices and linguistic data.
- Annotating lexicon entries according to guidelines.
- Normalizing textual resources through regular expressions.
- Creating natural language test cases for natural language processing modules.
- Labeling text with semantic, syntactic and morphological features
- Contribute to the formalization of language models through in depth knowledge of phonological and morphosyntactic aspects of the target language.
- Solid knowledge of phonetics/phonology.
- Native-level proficiency in the target language.
- Solid knowledge of regular expressions.
- Ability to create / fix phonetic transcriptions in the target language.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux command line tools.
Application Deadline: 31-3-17
Email Address for Applications: nicolism
Page Updated: 30-Nov-2016