LINGUIST List 27.712
Mon Feb 08 2016
Calls: Applied Ling, Discourse Analysis, General Ling/Romania
Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashleylinguistlist.org>
Teodora Popescu <tpopescu
The Conference on Linguistic and Intercultural Education E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: The Conference on Linguistic and Intercultural Education
Short Title: CLIE-2016
Date: 22-Apr-2016 - 24-Apr-2016
Location: Alba Iulia / Alba, Romania
Contact Person: Teodora Popescu
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://uab.ro/sesiuni_2016/clie/
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics
Call Deadline: 31-Mar-2016
CLIE-2016 aims at investigating the intrinsic relationship between language and culture and the multifariousness of their interrelatedness, in particular from a pragma-semantic approach. The two-way interdependence and synergies between language and culture are determinants of the extent to which culture is included in meaning creation, influencing the speakers' perceptions of culture as reflected in our exchanges about the world surrounding us. By delving into the semantics of a language we may reach an understanding of cultural meanings. Along the same lines, this could reveal the implicit suppositions which are connected to them and which are implicitly understood and shared by the community members, but not accessible to outsiders.
- Discourse Analysis, Rhetoric and Pragmatics;
- Second Language Acquisition;
- Semantics and Stylistics;
- Contrastive Linguistics;
- Foreign/Second Language Teaching and Teacher Education;
- Translating, Interpreting and Mediation;
- Business Communication;
- Intercultural Communication.
Other topics may include more specialised issues:
- the importance of languages in integrating an international and intercultural dimension in the design and content of university curricula, as well as in the teaching/learning processes;
- the role and status of translation and the translator/transcommunicator in nowadays globalised and technologised societies and cultures;
- the influence of language contact on shaping social, political, economic and cultural discourses and identities, etc.
Call for Papers:
We warmheartedly invite you to give presentations in the Conference on Linguistic and Intercultural Education – CLIE-2016 and engage in the open forum which will address the challenges faced by the globalising culture and education nowadays.
Please send us your proposals (500-word abstracts) by 28 February 2016. Letters of acceptance will be sent by 20 March 2016.
Please send your full contributions (5000 words) by 31 March 2016. Accepted contributions will be published in the Conference Proceedings (on CD, with ISBN), and included in the Conference pack.
A selection of (extended) papers (4500-9000 words) will be published in the Journal of Linguistic and Intercultural Education - JoLIE 2015, which is indexed by EBSCO, ProQuest, Index Copernicus, Cabell’s Directories, Ulrichs Web, The Linguist List. Additionally, a peer-reviewed selection of conference papers will be published in a monographic collection produced by a reputable international publisher. The deadline for extended papers is 31 May 2016.
Further details will follow in due time.
Page Updated: 08-Feb-2016