LINGUIST List 27.733
Mon Feb 08 2016
Jobs: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Linguist, Mango Languages
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamontlinguistlist.org>
Evangelia Mouma <lilia.mouma
Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Linguist, Mango Languages E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Mango Languages
Department: Content Development
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.mangolanguages.com/
Job Title: Linguist
Job Rank: Linguist; Other
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition
**This position has been filled.
Why We Need You:
To design, create, and coordinate new products and features as well as improvements to existing products and features, while managing contractor teams through all stages of course and product development. To coordinate and manage our online teams of teachers and learners
The ideal candidate will be located in Europe and work remotely.
As the leading language-learning resource for libraries in North America, our linguists are very important. We’re looking for a language lover that can work their magic on our products and content – and teach us a second language while they’re at it.
The perfect candidate is passionate about languages, has a great work ethic, and is excited to dedicate their linguistic skills to creating innovative, high quality products. In fact, your excitement should be matched only by your extensive knowledge of language and linguistics, which you’ll use to train editors, developers, and contribute to course development. You’ll be given a variety of challenging, innovative projects, along with specific assigned courses on which to focus your creative energies from start to finish. You’ll also use your language superpowers to improve our course development process and work with tech to develop aspects of the language courses.
Speaking of superpowers, Mango’s newest Linguist should embrace one of our most beloved core values: an entrepreneurial spirit. Your role will involve taking innovative ideas and bringing them to life with your unbeatable knowledge of language and incredible work ethic. Every day, you’ll be encouraged by your colleagues to take risks and work hard to bring a worthy vision to life – and come Friday, kick back, relax and celebrate a job well done with food and drinks at our weekly Fiesta Fridays. Ready to be one of Mango’s All Star Linguists? We can’t wait to meet you.
- Concept new language learning innovations and optimizations as it pertains to content and processes
- Coordinate course development from recruiting to QA on time and on budget
- Manage subject matter experts throughout all development stages of a product / course
- Consult on product-related projects (for verticals or as otherwise needed)
- Train on linguistic, product creation and process-related needs
- Document and organize training materials for linguistic, product creation and process-related needs
- Manage our online teams of teachers and learners, who are located all over the world. The ideal candidate will be located in Europe and work remotely.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Linguistics
- Native or near fluency in a second language
- Project management experience
- Pure passion for languages
- Excited about developing language learning courses
- Team player
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Creative problem solver
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong drive and determination to succeed
- Ability to clearly understand company goals
- Commitment to teamwork and overall success of Mango Languages
Application Deadline: This position has been filled.
Mailing Address for Applications:
Mrs Evangelia Mouma
30445 Northwestern Hwy
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
Mrs Evangelia Mouma
Page Updated: 10-Mar-2016