LINGUIST List 27.901
Thu Feb 18 2016
Calls: Gen Ling, Hist Ling, Lang Acqu, Pragmatics, Translation/Czech Republic
Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amandalinguistlist.org>
Eva Nováková <eva.novakova04
17th International Meeting of Young Linguists E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 17th International Meeting of Young Linguists
Date: 09-May-2016 - 11-May-2016
Location: Olomouc, Czech Republic
Contact Person: Božena Bednaříková
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://mladilingviste.upol.cz/
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Pragmatics; Translation
The annual conference for M.A. and PhD graduates started in 2000 at the Institute of the Czech Language of the Academy of Sciences, Prague, and has been continued since 2001 at Palacký University in Olomouc. The main topic of this year is the communication across cultures, and the special attention is going to be paid to the following questions:
- What is a role of various linguistic disciplines (contrastive and intercultural linguistics, ethnolinguistics) in the discussion on the intercultural communication?
- Is the communication across cultures just about a face-to-face communication between the members of different cultures, or more about its medialization?
- Do the diverse forms of communication tend to adapt to any intercultural norms? Or do we build an inventory of “intercultural” meanings shared within a diversified cultural domain?
The languages of the conference are: English, Czech and Slovak.
Call for Papers:
Focus of the conference:
Intercultural communication; transculturality; cultural syncretism; culture in translation; Czech as a foreign language; contrastive linguistics; diachronic linguistics
The participants are welcome to present their paper in one of the thematic sessions:
- Diachronic workshop
- Czech as a foreign language
- Translating cultures – culture in translation
- Communication and its issues from the perspective of two borderline language plans: phonetics and syntax
Presenters in the main programme and/or thematic sessions: We welcome the researchers who completed their Mgr./M. A. or PhD programme and have no higher degree than PhD.
Members of the audience: We invite cordially all students as well as lecturers and researchers interested in the field of language, linguistics, translation, intercultural communication, and related disciplines.
Registration and abstract submission:
Complete the registration form available at http://mladilingviste.upol.cz/
and enclose your abstract in a separate doc file. The abstract should not be longer than 300 words (bibliography excluded), and its title should not indicate your name to assure the anonymity in a blind peer-review process. Please send both files as e-mail attachments to: mladi.lingviste
Deadline for abstract submission and standard registration: 10 April, 2016
Expected timeline for notification of acceptance: 25 April, 2016
For further details and the abstract submission guideline please see the conference website.
Page Updated: 18-Feb-2016