LINGUIST List 28.1094
Fri Mar 03 2017
Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics: Manager, Siteimprove A/S
Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amandalinguistlist.org>
Jacob Bjerrehuus <jbj
English; Computational Linguistics: Manager, Siteimprove A/S, Copenhagen, Denmark E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Siteimprove A/S
Department: Software development
Job Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Web Address: https://siteimprove.com/
Job Title: Computational Linguist
Job Rank: Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
** This position has been filled.
Siteimprove is looking for a Computational Linguist who will take matters into own hands and lead the way in building our future grammar and spell checking tools for our SaaS product suite.
As our Computational Linguist you will join a team of data scientists to create state-of-the-art proof-reading technology based on machine learning (ML) as well as rule-based approaches. You will also build and drive your own team of linguists with knowledge of several specific languages.
- Be responsible for the development of new text processing tools and the adaptation of already existing ones for a number of different languages.
- Build and coordinate a team of linguists and computational linguists with expertise in English, German, French, Spanish, and the Scandinavian languages.
- Collaborate with our data scientists to ensure that natural language processing (NLP) techniques are integrated in the SaaS product suite.
- Collaborate with the Centre for Language Technology at the University of Copenhagen.
- Mentor PhD students doing their projects at Siteimprove and mentor junior computational linguists.
What We Require of You:
- MSc in computational linguistics, NLP, or another related discipline combining computer science and linguistics.
- Fluent English written and oral, advanced knowledge and understanding of English grammar, syntax, semantics, and usage, especially in writing.
- At least two years of experience in computational linguistics/NLP.
- Good programming skills in at least one programming language.
- Solid working knowledge of NLP libraries and understanding of statistical methods in NLP. Knowledge of LanguageTool is desirable, but not indispensable.
What We'll Love About You:
- That you bring your interest in NLP to Siteimprove. Also that you are a self-driven, creative, inquisitive individual, possessing lots of drive.
- Aiming to join a team of skilled colleagues, whom you can inspire, and who can inspire you.
What You'll Love About Us:
Siteimprove is a multinational Software-as-a-Service company with a mission to make the web a better place for all! The last couple of years have been nothing short of incredible. We have experienced exponential growth over the past few years, a growth that reflects our hard work and success in the rapidly emerging space of Web Governance. This all translates to a determined and exciting work environment.
How To Apply:
Submit your application via e-mail. If you have any questions regarding the job, feel free to contact Jacob Bjerrehuus (see contact information below).
Application Deadline: This position has been filled.
Email Address for Applications: jbj
Talent Acquisition Specialist Jacob Bjerrehuus
Page Updated: 03-Mar-2017