LINGUIST List 28.1269
Wed Mar 15 2017
Jobs: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics: Data Scientist, ProSearch Strategies, Inc.
Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amandalinguistlist.org>
David Li <dli
Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics: Data Scientist, ProSearch Strategies, Inc., California, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: ProSearch Strategies, Inc.
Department: Linguistics, Analytics, and Data Science
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.prosearchstrategies.com/
Job Title: Data Scientist/Linguist
Job Rank: Scientist
Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics
*This position has been filled.
*The job announcement is a repost of the Data Scientist/Linguist position on 3/8/2017. If you had submitted an application prior to 3/14/2017, please kindly resubmit to DataScienceJobs
prosearch.us due to a technical issue.*
A Data Scientist in the Linguistics, Analytics, & Data Science Group at ProSearch supports the custom search, technology assisted review (TAR), and information retrieval needs of ProSearch clients. This role requires communication with internal teams and clients to develop and implement custom workflows that align the best tools, technologies, and workflows to any situation. A Data Scientist works closely with partners in the LADS team as well as other ProSearch departments.
- Develop, implement, and refine search and sampling strategies
- Apply linguistic knowledge and statistical models for document classification tasks
- Analyze linguistic patterns in large corpora
- Report on findings with attention to providing information tailored to the specific needs of audiences that include attorneys, technologists, analysts, and executives
- Remain current on performance of industry standard search query languages (dtSearch, SQL Search, elastic search)
- Develop documentation and provide internal and external training on best practices for search and information retrieval techniques
- Inform technological advances and innovations in the suite of tools used for Technology Assisted Review
- Assess third party tools and develop business process and documentation to support their use
- Provide internal training and consultative support for Project Analysts and Project Managers overseeing technology assisted reviews
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Experience)
- U.S. citizen only
- Post‐graduate degree (PhD preferred) in Linguistics, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Computational Linguistics, or Computer Science
- Knowledge of syntax, morphology, and semantics
- 4+ years of experience conducting statistical analysis
- Experience with data mining and machine learning techniques, including classification, clustering, and natural language processing
- Experience using tools and libraries for data manipulation and statistical analysis, including R, Numpy/Scipy, and Pandas
- Programming experience (Python and R preferred)
- Experience using SQL for data retrieval and transformation
- Familiarity with regular expression
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively explain technical details to nontechnical audiences
ProSearch Strategies, Inc. is located in Los Angeles and enables corporations and law firms to meet eDiscovery, regulatory, and legal document investigatory and discovery requirements at scale with precision and ease. ProSearch’s consultants, data scientists, linguists, project managers, attorneys, and eDiscovery specialists collaborate with clients to execute their eDiscovery strategy on target, on budget, and on time.
Application Deadline: This position has been filled.
Email Address for Applications: DataScienceJobs
Page Updated: 15-Mar-2017