LINGUIST List 28.2233
Wed May 17 2017
Support: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: PhD, University of Tuebingen
Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clarelinguistlist.org>
Sophie Freitag <lead
Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: PhD, University of Tuebingen, Germany E-mail this message to a friend
Department: LEAD Graduate School & Research Network
Web Address: http://www.lead.uni-tuebingen.de
Institution/Organization: University of Tuebingen
Duties: Research,Project Work
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition
The LEAD Graduate School & Research Network (www.lead.uni-tuebingen.de
) for Learning, Educational Achievement and Life Course Development, funded by the Excellence Initiative of the German Federal and State governments, invites applications for up to five 3-year doctoral positions as of October 2017.
Education and its outcomes being essential to the welfare of a society and its members, the goal of LEAD is to contribute relevant findings to several key questions in evidence-based education. As an integrated research and training program, LEAD aims at excellent research and academic careers for young scientists at the intersection between Empirical Educational Research and the neighboring disciplines of (1) Cognitive, Social, and Motivational Psychology, (2) Neuroscience and Informatics, (3) Clinical and Personality Psychology, (4) Language and Linguistics, and (5) Sociology and Economics.
Successfully or nearly finished MA or MSc or equivalent degree graduates in Empirical Educational Re-search or one of the above-mentioned neighboring fields with excellent grades and a strong interest in conducting research from an interdisciplinary perspective are encouraged to apply.
- candidates should be prepared to contribute to the mission of excellence of the LEAD Graduate School & Research Network.
- candidates’ prospective PhD research should be relevant to LEAD, i.e., relating to LEAD’s research questions and one of the LEAD intersections. We especially encourage applications for PhD projects within the following topics:
- self-regulation in education,
- teaching and learning with technology,
- language learning and language in education,
- randomized controlled field trials in education.
LEAD PhD candidates benefit from unique opportunities:
- A prestigious, internationally focused and interdisciplinary PhD program within the German Excellence Initiative;
- Regular thesis discussions with peers and supervisory teams, plus retreats, lectures, and work-shops with renowned international guest researchers;
- Funds for the support of thesis-related research and training;
- Tailor-made training and research support from the LEADing Research Center, including lab rotations;
- LEAD support systems for families, equal opportunity, and diversity.
Applications should include a completed application cover sheet, a CV, degree and other certificates with transcripts showing a recent graduation or one in the nearest future, two letters of recommendation, a statement of research interest and experience, plus a motivation letter describing your interest in obtaining a PhD within LEAD. For more information, please see our FAQ section at www.lead.uni-tuebingen.de
Please send all documents in one single (!) pdf attachment via email to LEAD Graduate School & Re-search Network at lead
uni-tuebingen.de by June 11, 2017. Applications beyond this date are welcome and will be taken into account as further positions become available. Interviews will take place on July 03, 05 and 06, 2017.
The University of Tübingen is an equal opportunity employer regarding professional opportunities for women and men. Equally qualified candidates with physical challenges will be given preference. Em-ployment will be conducted by the central university administration.
Applications Deadline: 11-Jun-2017
Mailing Address for Applications:
Attn: Prof. Ulrich Trautwein
Web Address for Applications: https://goo.gl/5d5Nbc
Page Updated: 17-May-2017