LINGUIST List 28.2333
Thu May 25 2017
Summer Schools: Diccionarios Electrónicos: Logros y Retos para El Siglo XXI/Spain
Editor for this issue: Yue Chen <yuelinguistlist.org>
Beatriz Sánchez-Cárdenas <bsc
Diccionarios Electrónicos: Logros y Retos para El Siglo XXI/Spain E-mail this message to a friend
Host Institution: Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Coordinating Institution: Universidad de Granada
Dates: 17-Jul-2017 - 21-Jul-2017
Location: Madrid, Spain
Focus: This training school is oriented to the acquisition of new techniques and tools widely used today by the language industry to create innovative electronic dictionaries that fully exploit the new possibilities of natural language processing tools.
Minimum Education Level: Undergraduate
The communication of specialist knowledge and information, whether monolingual or multilingual, is irretrievably bound up with the creation and dissemination of dictionaries or terminological resources and with information management.
The usefulness of electronic dictionaries in every single knowledge sphere is no longer a matter of debate. Consequently, specialists, scholars and the publishers need to be familiar with software tools used to construct innovative electronic dictionaries.
The aim of this training is to provide a general overview of the new trends in the creation of electronic dictionaries and terminological tools with a practical approach through hands-on sessions. At the end of the school, participants will have an excellent grasp of the current protocols, existing software, current practices in this field of the language industry and they will have acquired some necessary skills in order to effectively use these electronic tools to create new dictionaries.
This course is intended for:
- Master’s degree students in Linguistics, Literary Studies, Translation Studies and Information Sciences.
- PhD students in any field that need to incorporate lexical analysis to their research
- Human and Social Sciences specialists whose research could be enriched by the construction of lexical resources
- Publishing companies and education industry.
Topics to be covered include:
- State of the art: typology of lexical resources and Innovative electronic dictionaries projects
- Tools for compilation of electronic dictionaries
- Corpus building
- Automatic knowledge extraction techniques
- Knowledge representation
- Terminology management
- A case in point: Ecolexicon from the ground up
Teaching languages: Spanish, one conference in English
Linguistic Field(s): Lexicography
Subject Languages: Spanish
Tuition: 170 EUR
Financial Aid: Applications accepted until 31-May-2017
Financial Aid Instructions:
Registration: 24-May-2017 to 14-Jul-2017
Contact Person: Beatriz Sánchez-Cárdenas
Apply on the web: https://www.ucm.es/cursosdeverano/matricula
Page Updated: 25-May-2017