LINGUIST List 28.617
Wed Feb 01 2017
Jobs: Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Understanding, Morphology, Semantics, Syntax: Project Manager, Pygmalion
Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amandalinguistlist.org>
Pat Areewong <advancedlinguistics
Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Understanding, Morphology, Semantics, Syntax: Project Manager, Pygmalion, Tokyo, Japan E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Pygmalion
Job Location: Tokyo, Japan
Job Title: Analytic Linguistic Project Manager
Job Rank: Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; Natural Language Understanding
Analytic Linguistic Project Manager
Job title: Analytic Linguistic Project Manager [Natural Language Understanding]
As a Project Manager, you will collaborate with researchers and engineers in NLU/Machine Intelligence to produce analyses, high quality data and grammars that improve our ability to understand and generate natural language. Many linguists focus on one or more languages in which they have special expertise, and propose directions and solutions to language-specific problems.
- Develop CFG-style grammars for different languages and NLP task-oriented applications and/or define and implement higher level grammar architecture.
- Work closely with researchers and engineers by providing linguistic expertise and direction for language specific NLP and/or dialogue analysis/modelling.
- Train and/or evaluate NLP or dialogue systems, identify errors/regressions and propose solutions
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Linguistics or Computational Linguistics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with C++, or alternatively in other programming languages, and with scripting languages working in a Linux environment.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience in areas such as semantics, syntax, morphology, phonetics, phonology, and/or discourse.
- Experience developing projects or curricula from concept to completion and collaborating internationally with multiple partners on multi-quarter projects.
- Background in statistics and data analysis, and familiarity with software packages for statistical analysis.
- Familiarity with experimental design, research methodologies, and qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Multilingual speaker, preferably in French, Italian and/or Spanish
12 months (with potential for extension)
This is a fixed-term contract, not a permanent position.
Location: Tokyo, Japan
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with "Analytic Linguistic Project Manager [NLU]" in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 31-Mar-2017
Email Address for Applications: advancedlinguistics
Page Updated: 01-Feb-2017