LINGUIST List 29.105
Fri Jan 05 2018
Jobs: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Linguistics Project Manager, Lionbridge Tampere
Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clarelinguistlist.org>
Elena Pirttisalo <elena.pirttisalo
Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Linguistics Project
Manager, Lionbridge Tampere, Finland E-mail this
message to a friend
University or Organization: Lionbridge Tampere
Department: Machine Intelligence team
Job Location: Tampere, Finland
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com
Job Title: Linguistic Project Manager
Job Rank: Manager
Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; NLP
Lionbridge enables more than 800 world-leading brands to
increase international market share, speed adoption of products and effectively
engage their customers in local markets worldwide.
with customers to understand customer business issues and lead teams to execute on
defined solutions across service offerings.
- Help support as a key interface
with clients at the stage of the sales cycle, provide. thought solutions , craft
solutions and provide support and feedback to Sales (e.g. pre or post-sale
activities, initial quote, SOW. pricing) to ensure that the client receives the
service they require.
- Work with site management to insure customer
satisfaction and implement continual process improvement, measurement/benchmarking,
and automation across of service deliveries.
Develop effective and creative customer solutions with moderate supervision.
Develop and write project plans.
- Create and manage the global project
schedule, liaising with all production team members to ensure viability and
- Execution of large scale projects with medium to high complexity.
The projects will mostly, but not exclusively are related to Natural Language
Processing, Data curation and labelling, Software development, Speech recognition
and synthesis, artificial intelligence and cognitive systems.
- Provide project
training and technical guidance project team members.
- Work with site and
Lionbridge teams to deploy custom and configurable solutions.
- Drive project
timelines and budget to completion and within estimated scope and established
- Budget and provide timely and accurate forecasts of our expected
revenue with appropriate highlighting of risk.
- Develop and maintain a high
level of knowledge of company as well as industry products and solutions.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to support business development, internal
projects/initiatives and organization of the team and processes.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in
Natural Language Processing.
- Excellent project management and organizational
- Client relationship management experience.
- Background in
Linguistics or Computational Linguistics or other related area with experience in
machine learning, semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography.
experience in NLP, speech processing and/or crowdsourcing is a plus.
experience in programming is a plus.
- Experience in software development and
scripting is a plus.
- Ability to build financial models to demonstrate
- Knowledge of key sales processes and tools.
- Able to
analyze new and changing scenarios and adapt the workflow to the new requirements.
- Thorough understanding of basic financial concepts Gross Margin, Budgets,
- Flexible, imaginative, positive thinking, multi-tasking, proactive and
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural global environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
18-Feb-2018 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://goo.gl/gprPZX
Resource coordinator Elena Pirttisalo
Page Updated: 05-Jan-2018