LINGUIST List 29.1607
Fri Apr 13 2018
Jobs: Italian; Portuguese; Computational Linguistics: NLU Specialist, Nuance Communications
Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clarelinguistlist.org>
Lea Mencner <lea.mencner
Italian; Portuguese; Computational Linguistics: NLU Specialist, Nuance Communications, Turin, Italy E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Turin, Italy
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Title: NLU Specialist Italian
Job Rank: Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Italian (ita) Portuguese (por)
As a NLU Specialist you will contribute to NLU development in automotive projects: supervision and/or execution of the development of NLU Vocon buffers for the Italian language. Participation to the activities on all the projects related to NLU data procurement.
- Analysis of customer requirements for realizing NLU on embedded platforms.
- In accordance to customer requirement analysis, specifying data needed to train NLU models.
- Collect, analyze, and process text and audio data in the target language to build a target language model.
- Contribute to the development of tools and procedures with the scope of optimize and simplify the activities of NLU data procurement and NLU contexts development.
- Work with application development engineers and QA teams within the scope of one or more customer projects to realize the project deliverables.
- Support our customers’ speech software teams to help them evaluate and integrate Nuance NLU technology into successful products in an efficient way.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for security
- Number of Years of Work Experience: 1+, promising graduates are encouraged to apply!
- Costumer focus.
- Native proficiency in Italian. Very good oral and written knowledge of the English language.
- Experiences in programming (particularly Python and regular expressions).
- Team player.
- Ability to manage external part time workers.
- Good listener and communicator, who can represent Nuance professional services at the customer’s premises or in written and oral communications with customers.
- Positive "can-do" attitude, well organized, focusing on achieving results cost-effectively.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to work independently, including at customer premises, but always as part of the PS NLU team.
- Self-learner, with sense of initiative, and perseverance to deliver high quality work.
- Background in speech technology or language processing.
- Experience with Natural Language Understanding or statistical / semantic language modelling.
- Advanced user of Windows and Linux platforms.
- Engineering practices in design, coding, and testing.
- Portuguese (PTP or PTB) as first or second language
Education: Master University degree in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Information technology or a comparable field.
Application Deadline: This position has been filled
Page Updated: 13-Apr-2018