LINGUIST List 29.1630
Mon Apr 16 2018
Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Project Lead, LearningBranch Inc.
Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clarelinguistlist.org>
Patricia Macleod <patricia
English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Project Lead, LearningBranch Inc. E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: LearningBranch Inc
Job Location: Vancouver, Canada (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.learningbranch.com
Job Title: Project Lead for Assessment Framework for AI Soft Skills Performance Evaluation
Job Rank: Project Lead
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Assessments
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Title: Project Lead
Start Date: June 1
Duration: full time position for 6 months
LearningBranch is a growing start-up based out of Vancouver and Montreal.
Educational institutions and corporations use our cloud-based language and communication skill practice platform to deliver listening/speaking training and assessment. We focus on the competencies needed to perform in real life interactions. Our technology incorporates experiential and scenario-based training using videos, voice recording, webcam recording, speech recognition, asynchronous mark-up and collaboration.
We are looking for talented people to join us who have an interest in communication, language and engaging learners.
Recently we acquired funding to develop a soft-skill assessment framework that predicts an individual’s ability to communicate effectively and appropriately in real-world customer service interactions. We are now searching for a project lead to develop this framework.
Work with a team of 2 others: the LearningBranch ASR specialist who will act as supervisor/company liaison on the project and a student intern.
Looking for PhD - Post-Doc or possibly Masters candidate with the following qualifications:
- Be familiar with skill acquisition theory in a language learning context, and with issues related to skill transfer and skill assessment
- Have knowledge of or an interest in communication "soft skills" relevant to spoken interactions in the work place (e.g., paraphrasing, active listening)
- Experience developing and validating language learning assessment tools, ideally related to social spoken-interaction skills
- Experience related to assessing learners' competence in performing social pragmatic skills during spoken interactions
- Experience creating conversational role-play exercises for language learners
- Ability to analyze datasets to understand relationships between skill training and real-world performance
Requirements: Must be Canadian citizen
Location: Virtual. Head office is in Vancouver and team meetings take place in Vancouver or Montreal. We offer a flexible workplace and are looking for people who can perform in that environment.
Application Deadline: 25-May-2018
Email Address for Applications: patricia
Page Updated: 16-Apr-2018