LINGUIST List 29.1873
Thu May 03 2018
Jobs: Cognitive Science; Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics: Post Doc, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Cognitive Science; Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics: Post Doc, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Netherlands E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
Department: Language Development
Job Location: Nijmegen, Netherlands
Web Address: http://www.mpi.nl
Job Title: Postdoctoral Research Position in children's language processing
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics
The Learning through Processing Research Group at the Max Planck Institute for
Psycholinguistics in the Netherlands is offering a 3-year postdoctoral
position available from 1st September 2018.
The position is available for a talented junior scientist who is interested in
conducting cutting edge research investigating the relationship between online
language processing and language acquisition. The successful candidate will
work with group leader Dr Evan Kidd on studies investigating grammatical
processing. The group has a strong cross-linguistic focus, and encourages
applications from individuals working on lesser-studied languages.
- A PhD in psychology, cognitive science, linguistics, or a related
- Experience conducting experimental research and analysing data sets using
up-to-date statistical approaches.
- Experience coding and analysing corpus data.
- Excellent written and spoken English. The language of the Institute is
English, so knowledge of Dutch is not required.
- Experience with eye-tracking and/or EEG methodologies.
- Experience with one or more programming languages (e.g., R, Python).
- Conditions of employment
- The position is available from 1st September, 2018, though start date is
- Full-time position (39 hours per week) with a term of appointment of 3 years
- The salary is according to the German TVöD (Tarifvertrag für den
öffentlichen Dienst) and is classified in salary group E13 (depending on the
experience of the applicant between EUR 3.657,34 and EUR 5.523,65 gross per
month, based on a full-time employment).
All research staff have access to state-of-the art research and training
facilities and a generous conference and travel budget.
The MPI for Psycholinguistics in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, is the only
research institute in the world entirely devoted to the study of language. Our
goal is to understand how our minds and brains process language, how language
interacts with other aspects of mind, and how we can learn languages of quite
different types. We are situated on the campus of the Radboud University, and
have close collaborative links with the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition
and Behaviour and the Centre for Language Studies at Radboud University.
The MPI is part of the Max Planck Society, an independent non-governmental
association of German-funded research institutes dedicated to fundamental
research in the natural sciences, life sciences, social sciences, and the
humanities. The Max Planck Society is an equal opportunities employer. For
further details please see our website: http://www.mpi.nl
Please send the following documents in a single PDF file by Friday 1st June to
Nanjo Bogdanowicz at nanjo.bogdanowicz
Applications should include:
- A 2-page statement of research interests.
- A CV, which should include a list of publications.
- Contact details for three referees.
- Details of your availability for interview in person or via Skype on
Thursday 28th and Friday 29th June 2018.
Application Deadline: 01-Jun-2018
Email Address for Applications: nanjo.bogdanowicz
Web Address for Applications: http://http://www.mpi.nl/people/vacancies/postdoctoral-research-position-in-children2019s-language-processing
Page Updated: 03-May-2018