LINGUIST List 29.1947
Tue May 08 2018
Support: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Semantics: PhD, University of Trento
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Aurelie Herbelot <aurelie.herbelot
Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Semantics: PhD, University of Trento, Italy E-mail this message to a friend
Department: Center for Mind/Brain Sciences
Institution/Organization: University of Trento
Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Semantics
We are pleased to announce the opening of a call for 10 fellowships in our international PhD Programme in Cognitive and Brain Sciences (CIMeC), starting in November 2018 at the University of Trento (UNITN), Italy. The PhD call is open to several fields of cognitive neuroscience research, which include computational linguistics.
CIMeC's Language, Interaction and Computation Lab offers expertise in computational semantics (including both formal and distributional approaches), in the integration of language and vision modalities, and in the simulation of conceptual acquisition. A short description of the lab can be found here: http://www.cimec.unitn.it/en/71/language-interaction-and-computation-laboratory-clic
This year, we are particularly encouraging applications around topics related to:
- fast-mapping in language (learning conceptual representations from very small data);
- the integration of formal and distributional approaches in meaning representations;
- more specifically, the representation of entities in distributional semantics.
Interested candidates in the language track should contact Aurelie Herbelot (aurelie.herbelot
unitn.it) for any enquiry.
More information about the lab can also be found on the following pages:
- Linguistics in Cognition group: http://www.cimec.unitn.it/565/linguistics-in-cognition-group-lico
- Language and Vision group: http://www.cimec.unitn.it/en/257/language-and-vision-lavi
More generally, this year's research topics proposed by the Doctoral Programme Committee for 5 UNITN grants can be found here: http://www.unitn.it/drcimec/research-topics
, while the 5 topic-specific grants' details can be found here: http://www.unitn.it/drcimec/topic-specific-grants
PhD research areas outline: http://www.unitn.it/drcimec/research-topics
PhD Application summary: http://www.unitn.it/drcimec/node/118
PhD Application link: https://webapps.unitn.it/Apply/en/MyUnitn/Home/669/dott/cbs34
PhD Application Deadline: Thursday May 31, 2018, at 4pm (Italian time)
CIMeC, its doctoral programme and UNITN in numbers:
- 2018 UNITrento ranks among top Italian Universities in THE - Times Higher Education
- 4-yr program (Nov. 1, 2018- Oct. 31, 2022).
- Courses are given in English
- 10 positions, 100% funded
- Salary: starting at approximately €1.200/mo., net
Please feel free to browse the FAQ pages on our website for further information.
Applications Deadline: 31-May-2018
Web Address for Applications: https://webapps.unitn.it/Apply/en/MyUnitn/Home/669/dott/cbs34
Dr Aurelie Herbelot
Page Updated: 08-May-2018