LINGUIST List 29.2065
Mon May 14 2018
Jobs: Dutch; German; Mandarin; Portuguese; Russian; Computational Linguistics: Language Data Specialist, SoundHound Inc.
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Lisa Rutta <lisa
Dutch; German; Mandarin; Portuguese; Russian; Computational Linguistics: Language Data Specialist, SoundHound Inc., California, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: SoundHound Inc.
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.soundhound.com
Job Title: Language Data Specialist
Job Rank: Language Data Specialist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology; Semantics; Syntax
Required Language(s): Dutch (nld) German (deu) Mandari (mqu) Portuguese (por) Russian (rus)
Location: Santa Clara CA
(Onsite – current work eligibility required)
Seeking native language speakers
- Full Time
- College Interns
You love languages and technology, are proficient in English and are a native, fluent speaker in one of the following languages:
- Portuguese (Brazil or Portugal)
We validate voice recordings and contribute phonetic and other linguistic input to train our speech and language models. Example projects include validating speech training data, working on our pronunciation dictionaries, phonetic transcriptions, data curation for ASR, and other work required to support the training of all our models. There also may be project coordination, Unix and Python scripting tasks available to candidates that demonstrate sufficient proficiency (all related to our language and linguistic work). You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the creation of best practices and procedures as we grow the team.
You Must Be:
- Eligible to work in the US and proficient in English
- Native and fluent in one of the above languages (written, verbal and grammar)
- Trained in language studies and/or have a language degree or have a degree in Linguistics or equivalent experience
- Extremely focused and enjoy completing detailed, repetitive data quality verification tasks daily, at a very high quality level
- Flexible and collaborative, but you can also work independently and enjoy taking on new tasks
- Accountable. You take 100% ownership with an extremely high attention to detail and follow through
- Intrigued by language and science, and the possibilities created when these two things meet
It’s Beneficial If You:
- Have experience as a data evaluator or have worked with training data for machine learning
- Are experienced working with data vendors
- Have data curation, data quality or software QA experience
- Have experience working with external business partners and vendors
- Have Unix, Python or C++ or other programming experience
- Have project management/coordination experience
- Are experienced with Google Docs, Excel and Jira
- Are a music lover and enjoy solving puzzles!
How to Apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter to lisa
soundhound.com with Subject: “Language Applicant, <your name, your language>.” If you are a college student, please also include “INTERN <name of college>”. Please be sure to confirm in the email your eligibility to work in the US and please specify which is your native language and be sure to note all language proficiency levels.
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning. We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, and every other part of the emerging ‘connected’ world. Our consumer product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning™ and Deep Meaning Understanding™ technologies to create a groundbreaking smartphone experience, and is the first product to build on the Houndify platform. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. Through the Houndify platform and Collective AI, we aim to bring voice-enabled AI to everyone and enable others to build on top of it. Our mission: Houndify everything.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: lisa
Web Address for Applications: http://goo.gl/KrnGfe
Page Updated: 14-May-2018