LINGUIST List 29.2078
Mon May 14 2018
Jobs: Phonetics: Post Doc, University of California Los Angeles
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Liya Kunnathuparambil <liya
Phonetics: Post Doc, University of California Los Angeles, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of California, Los Angeles
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://linguistics.ucla.edu/
Job Title: Postdoctoral Position in Articulatory Phonetics
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Articulatory Phonetics
Applications are invited for a two-year (non-renewable) postdoctoral position in the Department of Linguistics at UCLA. The postdoc will conduct independent research in the Phonetics Lab and will teach two undergraduate phonetics courses per year in the Department, all under the supervision of Professor Pat Keating.
We seek a phonetician with expertise in all aspects of the use of ultrasound for phonetic research. Interest in EMA and other methods for studying articulation is welcome but not required. A PhD by the time of appointment is required, as is previous experience in teaching.
Duties of the position:
You will be the key person in setting up an ultrasound facility in the UCLA Phonetics Lab. You will conduct your own research, at least some of which should use ultrasound. You will teach two undergraduate introductory phonetics courses each year; in 2018-2019, these will be in Winter and Spring quarters. The start date for the position is flexible, between August 1, 2018 and December 15, 2018. (A simultaneous appointment as lecturer will begin on Jan. 2, 2019.)
Your application should include:
- a brief cover letter describing your previous experience using ultrasound, and a description of what ultrasound project(s) you would like to pursue during the postdoc;
- a current resume/curriculum vitae, with a link to your website;
- three reference letters, at least one of which should refer to your research and at least one of which should refer to your teaching experience;
- at least one publication or other paper describing research using ultrasound, in which you played the lead role in data collection, analysis, and interpretation; and
- documents attesting to undergraduate teaching experience and effectiveness, such as course evaluations.
To apply, please submit your application through UCRECRUIT web site at the link provided below. If you have any questions about this position, please email Professor Patricia Keating at the contact information provided below.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: UC Nondiscrimination and Affirmative Action Policy (http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
Application Deadline: 08-Jun-2018 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/apply/JPF03702
Professor Patricia Keating
Page Updated: 14-May-2018