LINGUIST List 29.2371
Mon Jun 04 2018
Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, National Institute of Education
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Hui Mei Yee <huimei.yee
Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, National Institute of Education, Singapore E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: National Institute of Education
Department: English Language and Literature Academic Group
Job Location: Singapore, Singapore
Web Address: https://www.nie.edu.sg/our-people/academic-groups/ell
Job Title: Assistant Professor in Applied Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Academic Discourse, Corpus Linguistics
The ELL AG at the NIE in Singapore is committed to high-quality research & innovative teaching in the areas of English language & linguistics, literature, & English teacher education. We have a strong team of highly dedicated faculty members engaged in cutting-edge disciplinary, interdisciplinary, & education research, committed to bringing theoretically-robust & practice-relevant perspectives to our classrooms. As an academic department within an institution devoted to teacher education, a key thrust of ELL is to develop impactful research & teaching in partnership with schools & teachers, & our mission is to develop critically-engaged, socially-responsible, knowledgeable, & passionate individuals & English teachers for the 21st century.
ELL AG invites qualified applicants to apply for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the area of applied linguistics.
Applicants should have expertise in one/more of the following areas:
- Academic Discourse
- Classroom Language Teaching Approaches
- Corpus Linguistics
- Language Acquisition & Development
- Literacies & Multiliteracies
- Research Methodology
In addition, applicants must have:
- a relevant doctorate degree from a university of good international standing,
- an established track record of research & relevant publications in reputable peer-reviewed international journals,
- an established record of excellent teaching in a relevant area at undergraduate/graduate levels (preferably both),
- a willingness to teach/support the work of colleagues beyond one’s niche area of expertise.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- contribute to teaching & course development at the undergraduate & postgraduate levels, as well as related activities such as the supervision of teaching practice, & thesis supervision,
- develop a strong research agenda & maintain a strong publication record,
- undertake administrative &/or leadership roles and to contribute to other service-related activities at the academic group or institution level,
- establish partnerships with local & international researchers and practitioners to explore avenues for research & teaching that will create an impact in the discipline &/or educational practice.
Please complete the application form obtainable from the NIE website (http://www.nie.edu.sg/about-us/careers#submit-an-application
) & submit it together with the following:
- A cover letter
- A Curriculum Vitae that includes work experience, qualifications, teaching experience, research accomplishments, & service records. A full publication list in APA format (with the most recent publication listed first) should be included. Journal articles, book chapters, books, conference proceedings, etc. should be listed clearly under separate headings.
- A statement of research interests
- A statement of teaching philosophy & experience, evidence of teaching excellence, & student feedback on teaching
- Three sample publications
- Names, addresses, & email addresses of three academic referees
For enquiries, interested applicants may write to Associate Professor Ramona Tang, Head of ELL, at the contact information provided below.
All applications should be addressed to:
Head, Human Resource Department
National Institute of Education
1 Nanyang Walk
Tel: (65) 6790 3098
Fax: (65) 6896 9360
The closing date for applications is 23 August 2018 /until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Application Deadline: 23-Aug-2018
Email Address for Applications: hrdacad
Associate Professor Ramona Tang
Page Updated: 04-Jun-2018