LINGUIST List 29.2380
Mon Jun 04 2018
Support: English; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; NLP/Programming; English Linguistics: PhD, Universität Siegen
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Gero Kunter <gero.kunter
English; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; NLP/Programming; English Linguistics: PhD, Universität Siegen, Germany E-mail this message to a friend
Department: Department of English Studies
Institution/Organization: Universität Siegen
Duties: Research,Teaching,Project Work
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Research assistant/scientific programmer
The Chair of English Linguistics at the Faculty of Philosophy invites applications for a full-time (100%) position by Oktober 1, 2018 or later. The position is available for three years with the possibility of renewal. The salary is according to salary group TV-L 13 (approximately between EUR 3,680 and EUR 5,500 gross per month, depending on the applicant’s experience).
This is a position for obtaining further academic qualifications (i.e. a PhD degree). The opportunity to do this is provided within the scope of official duties.
- Development and support of corpus-linguistic software tools
- Deployment of a corpus-linguistic research infrastructure
- Planning and implementation of own corpus-linguistic research projects
- Participation in research projects and third-party funding applications of the chair
- Collaboration in the teaching activities of the Department of English Studies
- Coaching in corpus-linguistic research methods to fellow lecturers and researchers
- There is a teaching obligation of 4 hours per week.
- University degree (Master or equivalent) in linguistics (especially corpus linguistics or computer linguistics), preferably with a focus on English linguistics
- Familiarity with the core areas of structural linguistics (phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax) and corpus-linguistic methods
- Good programming skills in Python
- Basic knowledge of SQL databases is desirable
- Ability to work in a team, creativity and very good communication skills
- Very fluent command of written and spoken English
- Appropriate command of spoken and written German as required by the official duties
The University of Siegen is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with its policy of increasing the proportion of women in this type of employment, the University actively encourages applications from women. The University facilitates a viable combination of professional and family needs. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please use the reference code 2018/I/Anglistik/WM/76 when sending your application materials (statement of interests and motivation, CV, academic transcripts) and, if available, proof of programming skills (for example certificates, reference letters, but also non-anonymous Github links or similar).
Official job description in German and English: http://www.uni-siegen.de/uni/stellen/wiss/821082.html
Information on the University of Siegen is available online: http://www.uni-siegen.de
Applications Deadline: 02-Jul-2018
Mailing Address for Applications:
Attn: Prof. Gero Kunter
Fakultät I: Seminar für Anglistik
Web Address for Applications: gero.kunter
Phone:Phone: +49 (0) 271 740-2856
Fax:Fax: +49 (0) 271-740 2692
Page Updated: 04-Jun-2018